Chapter Two

When I can't run no further I stop. My heart is burning in my  chest and is thumping away so loud it is the only thing I can hear. I look around and try to make my location out in the darkness. As look  i can just make out where i am i can hear the water smashing onto the rocks bellow. I am at the chasm i recognise this place from my first  day at dauntless, and how the instructors warned us that it is a daungourus place and people like myself have found them self lost in the moment and climbed over the railings to get away from whatever pain and suffering was defeating them. I slowley walk up to the railings and wrap my hand tightly around the top rail. The water from bellow splashes onto my face and the ice cold railing sends a  chill up my body that wakes me up.  I like it here its dangerous and isolated yet refreshing its dauntless.

I follow the rail downstream, and I notice there id a small gap between where the railing stops and the cave wall begins. A small but sturdy ledge goes behind the cave wall and hangs over the chasm. Nobody would ever venture down that ledge, because  it is a easy path to your death if you slip. But that is what attracks me too it not just its dangour and the adrenaline that comes with it, but being isolated somewhere nobody else goes.

I mean I love dauntless its my new home, but everyone never stops  they have a consistent energy goimg through them, and that is not something I can keep up. I need time to think,  plan and remember. And im sure there is a spot at the end of the ledge that I can do that, with no interruptions or questions.

I make my way slowly along the ledge carefully, as the rocks are slippery because of this passing water coming from the chasm, i focus, not wanting to slip.

And then i see it a small opening where the ledge widens. There is a boulder it in the centre of the ledge with no room for me to sit, but I notice that there is a little roomat the edge of the ledge for me to sit.  I carefully walk towards the front of the boulder and lowermyself down and sit on the cold stone. Then when i'm sure that the rock and the  ledge can hold my weight i let my legs dangle over the side.

The water is spraying me now more than ever it's making me cold but i don't care. It here i can think. I let my imagination take me away and my thoughts delve into the depths of what are my emotions. Dispite the waves crashing on the rocks bellow is silence. I love it here i never want to leave.

I must of been sat there an hour because i'm frozen stiff by the time i am brought back to reality.

As a glance to my left, I see a figure standing there staring at me, I quickly look away. Then to make sure I was right look back again.

"Hi" I stutter, im not nervous I just,  im lying I am at the side of a ledge with my legs swinging over ready to meet my death.  And there is a man I have hardly seen before staring at me, who am I kidding im terrified! 

"Hi" he simply states he shows no emotion in his voice no hint as to what he wants. I mean there is nothing down here so does he want me? Am I doing something wrong?

Comment and tell me what you think I would live to hear it.