Prologue

Third Person POV

It was the middle of the night and a village deep in a forest near a mountain was on fire, as a monster, driven mad by a sort of purplish-black haze surrounding it was attacking the village. Many Riders were trying to drive the monster back, to try to get it to retreat so they can protect their home.

"Get Nikara to safety, Akira!" A man, the young chief of the village, yells to his wife, who was holding their crying newborn daughter, he was riding an Elder Dragon Monstie, a Teostra. 

"But Sepha-!" the woman says, knowing that they can't possibly win against the monster, which had already corrupted a monster.

"Go!" he orders before his Teostra takes flight to join the battle with its fellow Monsties. The woman held her crying daughter close, looking at her daughter who had platinum blond, almost silver-white hair, her blue eyes were shut due to her crying.

"Oh Nikara..." the woman says heartbroken, knowing her daughter will never know her home or her parents. She places a Kirin pendant around her daughters neck, before she runs to the river near their village and sees that one small boat had survived the attack. She hugs her daughter close one more time as Nikara continued to cry, before kissing her small forehead and placing her in the boat, before untying it. The boat began to float along the river's current, taking the small boat downstream and hopefully to safety.

"Goodbye, my little Sapphire Star, grow strong and brave. And may we see you in another life. We will always watch over you until then." Akira whispers, before using her Kinship Stone to summon her Lunastra Monstie, before flying back to join her husband and fellow villagers in battling the crazed monster to buy the boat time to take her daughter away. 

In the morning

The boat comes to a large, almost ocean-like lake as Nikara begins to cry again, having just woken back up and not far from the lake, was a cavern. Inside this cavern, was an Elder Dragon Caedeus. This Caedeus was mourning the loss of it's eldest and only child, who had been slain by hunters. It hears something outside the cavern and decides to investigate, going back into the water from the shore it was laying on and swimming through the water in the tunnel, before it comes out to the lake. It sees the boat drifting on the water and swims toward it, lifting itself out of the water to see what was in the boat and it saw a helpless, innocent human baby. It looks around, as if looking for its parents but it doesn't see anyone else. It looks down at the child to examine it as it sniffles, it had a healthy skin tone for it's kind which was a healthy tan, it's small amount of hair was a platinum blond, almost as silver-white as its beard fur, and it was wrapped in a furry blanket. The child blinks its eyes open, revealing blue eyes as blue as sapphires and the Caedeus was reminded of its child's innocent eyes when it hatched. It purrs as it lowers it's nose to the baby girl, who giggles and touches its snout with her small and chubby hands. The Caedeus gives the baby the power to become any Monster she wishes, so she has a better chance to survive this world in case it cannot come to her aid. It then gently grabs the boat in its mouth and begins swimming to the tunnel that would lead into its cavern. It takes its new child to its home, placing the boat on the shore of its cavern home, before climbing up to curl around the boat in a protective manner and looks down at the child as it croons, sending the young one back to sleep, before it falls asleep too, determined to protect her for as long as it can.