What Life Stole From Me

Start from the beginning

"...Yet I, and these girls, did not turn out like them... though my reason was because of my parents who were able to see the evil in the Celestial Dragons..." He frowned as he took out a cigarette to light up. "...I figure their reason for being how they are is because they haven't really lived for long to know who they are..." He sighed as he took a smoke. 

"...They're good-hearted because they're still children. Though their body may be grown up, mentally they're still six years old..." He frowned as he had his cigarette in the corner of his lips. 

"Yes... but where are you going with this?..." (Y/n) blinked, not quite getting why he was bringing this up. It seemed quite obvious, what with Maree playing with hermit crabs, that she was still a child.

"...To be honest, I am surprised no one brought this up sooner," Law sighed, as (Y/n) turned to him. "What do you mean by that? It is common knowledge that they're still kids!" She frowned. She didn't know why, but she had a very bad feeling in her gut about where this conversation was veering off to. She could tell by their grim expressions... and she was not liking it one bit.

"I think what Rosinante is trying to get at is that we shouldn't continue to babysit two children. This world is far too dangerous for them, and we are all wanted by the world government, especially you, (Y/n). Though I know you are not going to like what I am about to say, I am going to say it anyway because it is something that has to be said: we have to leave them behind!"

(Y/n) stared at Law in shock for a few seconds, before glancing at Rosinante who turned his head away. He couldn't bear the thought of seeing her reaction right now... but what Law said was true. It was far too dangerous for the two girls to tag along, even with Marie's powers.

"I-Is this some kind of cruel joke?! Leave those two behind?! You all know better than anyone that they have nobody but us in this world!" (Y/n) growled as she looked up at Law with a whole slew of emotions, though the most prominent of those emotions were disgust and disappointment. 

"(Y/n). You could barely handle killing someone! And you're a grown woman! These seas ahead are going to get quite bloody, and for those two to survive the trip forward with us, they are going to have to learn how to kill, or be killed! If you truly want what's best for them, you will leave them behind to some kind family, and come back when this hell is all over!" Law barked at her. 

"And before you speak, Miss Psychic, yes, I am well aware of my past! It is a past I wouldn't wish on anyone! If I was able to live with a normal family instead of having to join that bastard's gang, I would have been knocking on that family's door in a heartbeat! What they need is an ordinary life! They are already traumatized enough with their own sister killing them, and seeing her dead! If we drag them with us, they will either end up dead, or devoid of life! The pirate life isn't for everyone, and those girls need to see what life they truly want, and they will never get to learn that if we drag them into our shit!" He told her with a deep frown that stunned (Y/n) to silence.

"Law, that was a little harsh, you could have-" Rosinante began, as Law turned to glare at him.

"Could have what? Pretended it's going to be all cotton candy and rainbows from here on out?! No, Rosinante, this needed to be said!" Law shouted.

As quick as lightning, the tattooed man was on the ground, as a rubber arm retreated back to a certain furious strawhat.

"You are trying to convince (Y/n) to leave Maree and Marie behind?! After they have joined our crew?! Our nakama?! Our ohana?! We are a family, and that means that no one gets forgotten, or left behind!" Luffy told the surgeon with absolute fury.