Chapter 4

John POV

Over the past few days I recently got to know more about Shin. He wasn't the type of guy who picks up a fight, even if it's for self defense.

Shin really was a kind guy but had his life upside down, to which he shouldn't have. But for me it doesn't matter what he did in the past, the past is the past nothing else more.

I also told him about my own life aswell. About how tragic life was for me before I became the Joker. About how my mother was very sick and poor for the both of us.

And for my dad, well, I really didn't knew him much since I never got to meet him. Which I didn't wanted to anyway.

He was very curious about my life and always payed attention to what I got to say.

I even too wanted to know more about him. It's like he gets me completely.

To Bruce, well shin doesn't know about him..yet. I wasn't ready to tell how I felt about Bruce and yes I already knew he was batman.

I figured it out long time ago when he told me he was literally batman. Bruce even knew who I was too.

How I feel about Bruce?, well it's complicated for me of explaining it. But I feel a real connection. Maybe even more than that.

I never knew I was into a guy like that. Even so, I actually did not even realize that I was into guys in the first place.

Harley and I were together for about 3 years now, but we suddenly broke up because she wasn't into me anymore but just a friend or brother.

Surely I was sad and disappointed but I understood her decision. It's her life not mine to bother with.

I haven't seen her since the breakup between me and her. and I hope I get to see her soon with someone she deserves to be happy with.

Once I'm free from this prison garbage for good. But for now, I rather would stay here a little longer with shin to get to know him better.

a-and maybe even more than just friends....

◇◇◇

"Argh!". Yelled in Pain an inmate hearing a bone break from his arm.

"Don't touch him". Shin said his voice deep and rough.

"S-Shin!". John said suprisingly protecting him from the inmate.

"Ok Ok! I Surrender! I won't touch him again". He said begging to be let go.

"You better or else I'm going to do alot worse than just breaking a bone". He said letting go of him grabbing John's hand gently taking him away from the mess.

All the inmates were in their cells and it was time for them to go to sleep. Meanwhile with Shin and John having something else to do rather than just sleeping.

"Thanks for saving me again from that guy hehe". John said chuckling nervously scratching his neck.

"No problem, Were roommates after all". He said smoking his cigarette sitting on his bed.

"Y-yeah we are hehe". Said John looking down at the floor.

"I guess we have to sleep right now, we have a long day tomorrow". Shin said finishing up his cigarette putting it to the table.

"Yeah we should". John said taking his orange slippers off since all the inmates were wearing them even for shin too and his socks aswell.