"Hey, guys." Bella greeted, holding hands with Edward.

Quil tensed at the Cullen boys presence, reaching out to hold his dates hand. The boy was used to having the ex-soldier and their adoptive mothers' presence around, just not the rest.

"Let's go dance, yeah?" Y/n asked Quil, before he could respond she had managed to lead him towards the center of the dance floor. As if on clue a slow song had begun, Y/n placed her hands on his shoulder and the boy had settled his own on her hips.

"This is nice." Quil said brushing a strand of hair behind the girl's ear.

"It is. I could stay here forever." Y/n smiled, staring into Quil's eyes.

"You'd get tired." Quil joked.

Y/n pouted, "No, I'd make you carry me." The boy let out a laugh, the corners of his eyes wrinkling.

"I know you would." He mumbled as he leaned down and captured her lips on his own. The two swayed but jumped back when the next song was more upbeat, laughing at the surprise before dancing along with the rest of the teens around them.

"What a night." Jessica sighed as she removed her heels, Mike had his arm around her as they walked outside the venue.

"Tell me about it." Y/n giggled as Quil hugged her from behind.

"Well, we're going to go." Eric stated. "You guys need a ride home?"

"Oh, we do." Mike answered with a shy smile.

"Ok, Y/n/n? Quil?" Angela asked, shrugging Eric's coat on.

"Umm, no, not yet." Y/n smiled, hugging her friends goodbye.

Y/n moved back into Quil's arms, smiling up at him and quickly pecking his lips. "Y/n." A voice called out. Bella and Edward were seen exiting the venue with Alice and Jasper not far behind. "Wait up." The brunette stated as she ran up and hugged her friend, "you look so awesome."

"Thanks, Bels. You do too." Y/n complimented watching as Alice and Jasper smiled towards Quil. "Are you guys leaving?"

"Yeah, I have to get her home." Edward responded, greeting her with a smile. The pale boy refused to make eye contact with her date, afraid he might say or do something wrong.

"Well-" Y/n began but suddenly watched as Edward quickly placed Bella behind him and felt Quil do the same to her. "What's going on?"

"What is it?" Bella asked, tugging Edward's arm. "Edward?"

"He's here." Alice replied causing both girls to snap their heads in her direction.

"Who is?" Y/n asked in a quiet voice, though she knew they had heard her clearly.

"Him." Edward said staring at the other side, towards the parking lot. A figure stood watching the couples, its blood red eyes making it unmistakable to not know it was a newborn. Whoever it was stood hidden to where they could only be seen as a dark shadow, but then they let themselves be seen, exposing himself under the street lights.

"Who is that?" Quil asked, glaring at the newborn.

Jasper glanced at the young shifter, "we aren't sure. He's been hanging around Fork's, we caught his scent around Bella's home."

"What does he want?" The russet boy asked, growing wary of what the stranger might do.

"We don't know for sure." Edward exhaled deeply, "we thought it was just Bella, but we don't know why they are still here anymore."

"That's Riley." Y/n mumbled, earning confused glances from the rest. "Riley Biers." As the girl spoke his name, the young man across the parking lot smirked and vanished.

"How do you know?" Jasper asked the girl once they could no longer sense the males presence.

"I-I met him in the woods ... almost two weeks ago." The young girl mumbled.

"What?" The young shifter exclaimed, "did he hurt you? What did he say?"

"Nothing, he did nothing, we just talked." The h/c girl responded. "He just asked what my name was, that was all."

"Ok, I think we should all go to our homes. Somewhere safe." Edward concluded, bidding his siblings and the couple a good night as he led Bella away.

. . . ✿ . . .

That night Y/n called her aunt and dad saying that she would spend the night at the Ateara's, promising her father that her boyfriend would keep it in his pants for the night. With a final goodnight the young girl ended the phone call.

She watched with a frown as her boyfriend walked into his room and laid down besides her, his back towards her. "I'm sorry." Y/n whispered. "I should have told you sooner. I-I didn't think of it much."

The boy sat up, letting out a heavy sigh. "Yeah, you should have told me sooner. This is the same guy we keep finding on the Rez, and now it's the same guy that's been around my girl? I get you didn't think of it much at the moment but what if he had tried something, done something to you?"

Y/n looked down at her hands shamefully. "I am glad you're okay, Y/n/n. But the next time I see him I won't hesitate to rip his head off for even breathing in your direction."

The girl nodded, eyes beginning to water as she thought about Riley getting away being her fault. "Don't cry." Quil said, bringing her into a protective hug, "I shouldn't have said that, I know you hate violence and all."

Quickly the girl sat up in his arms, "it's okay," she whispered, wiping her tears away.

"I just love you and the thought of losing you scares me." Quil admitted as he pecked her lips.

"I love you, too."