You don't want to see your ex that surely moved on when you clearly didn't. No one can exactly blame you for what you're feeling right now.

You walk to your locker, as that is the only thing you can remember from what the guy told you before class, and open it before hiding your face with its door. You're shoving your books inside when someone leans on the locker beside you. The person pulls the hood off your head, and you slowly eye the culprit. 

Billy. Billy and his smile.

It surely wasn't the reaction that you were expecting, but still.

"Were you planning on telling me that you were here?" He says, and you look back your books.

"I wasn't really planning on being in the same school as you again." You confess, and he chuckles.

Billy's fingers go around the belt loop of your jeans and pull you closer to him, something he used to do a lot.

"When I thought about seeing you again..." Billy starts, and you look over at him, "I wasn't expecting you to not look at me in the eyes for less than 2 seconds"

Shit.

"Well..." You say before closing the door of the locker, "We broke up, Billy... Months ago."

"We did." He confirms, "So what? We broke up because of the distance, not anything else. We're still on good terms."

"I know, but the both of us... move- tried to move on"

Billy opens his mouth to speak but a guy appears next to him with a girl by his side.

"You're new." Tommy comments.

"Yeah, I am." You say while unzipping your jacket, ready to discard it inside your new locker.

"Where are you from?" Carol asks you.

"California" You say and both of them look at Billy, who has his eyes glued on your necklace.

"Oh, really? Did you know Billy?" Carol asks, and you scoff. Does this girl really think everyone in California know each other? It would make it funny if you said you didn't.

You look over at Billy, and he looks up at your eyes.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that." You say looking at them once again.

"Interesting" Carol says, jealousy hitting her right in the guts. Even when with Tommy, her attraction to Billy is no surprise to herself.

Tommy says something to Billy, low enough for you to not be able to hear, and you look around, noticing how almost everyone is looking at you.

"So, what's your name?" Carol asks, and you look at her.

"Y/N, and yours is...?"

"Carol. And this is my boyfriend Tommy." She says, and you nod.

"It's nice to meet you." You say before looking at Billy, "I need to start walking to class."

"I'll walk with you." Billy says.

You nod, and you two begin to walk to your classroom. Billy walks right next to you at your pace.

You were holding yourself together to not just grab Billy and hug him close to you. You did miss him but nothing is the same anymore. From the looks that you were getting, he surely has some reputation here and the looks from some girls and some guys say more than you need to know. You couldn't hurt yourself.

He probably didn't even miss you.

You walk into the room, and Billy follows you. You sit at a table at the back, and Billy sits beside you without hesitation. Billy's eyes stay on you, and you continue to try to avoid his.

"Did you miss me?" Billy asks out of nowhere, and you scoff at his words.

"I don't know, did I?" You tease while looking at him.

"You surely aren't acting like you did." Billy says, and you sigh.

"Of course, I missed you. And you're still a brat" You comment, and Billy chuckles beside you.

"I'm not a brat" Billy defends himself, and you smile at him, making him not able to hold in his smile either.

"And did you miss me?" You poke while looking at the room's door.

"I did. There's no denying that."

You smile at him, and the teacher walks in.

"Mr. Hargrove, I'm pretty sure that you're not a part in this class." The teacher says making everyone look at the both of you.

"I'm not. My apologies." Billy says as he gets up.

Billy looks at you before whispering:

"After school, wait for me by my car"

(...)

Once you finally found the blue Camaro, you walked to it and sat down on its hood while waiting for Billy.

People in your school know you as the new student, and the fact that the new student is just sitting on top of the king of the school's car is shocking. Some are even not driving home yet to just see Billy's reaction to that, expecting him to explode on you.

You keep looking at your dangling legs while your arms hold you up, bored out of your mind. You look up once you see Billy's shoesk and he stands in front of you.

"I like that you're still wearing the necklace I gave you." He says while playing with your matching necklace to see the carved 'B' on the back.

"I can say the same." You say with a smile when looking at his chest.

His necklace is already flipped around, the initial of your first name craved on it.

After some seconds of silence and just looking at each other, you decide to speak your mind.

"Did you move on?" You ask, quickly before you could regret it.

"I tried" He says laying his hands beside your denim-covered thighs, "If I'm going to be honest..." He begins to confess, "Nothing worked." He pauses before asking, "Did you?"

"I also tried." You say, leaning forward, your hands now on your lap. "I kissed some guys and there was..." You hesitate, "Another guy, he-"

"Who?" Billy asks quickly.

"James" 

"My best friend?" He starts and you nod, "Fucked you?" Billy murmurs and you laugh out loud.

"Yeah, when I was pretty drunk... Well... He was pretty high too, to be honest. It was..." You start, and Billy waits impatiently for you to continue, "The most disappointing night in my life."

Billy can't help but laugh at your statement, and you smile at him because of his contagious laughter.

"It didn't work, either." You whisper, and he looks down at you, calmer.

Billy leans closer to you, and your hands go to his shoulders, bringing him close to you. You close the space between you and your lips touch. Billy's hands go to your hips, and he pulls you closer to him, making your bodies appear glued.

You pull away after some seconds and hold Billy's face with both of your hands.

"I still love you... So much" Billy says, and you smile at him before pecking his lips.

"I still love you too." You confess.

"So we're back?" Billy asks you, and you giggle at him.

"Yes, Billy. We're back together." You say and Billy reconnects your lips right away.

First time posted: Feb 11, 2020
Edited: Aug 3, 2022