Ex [GN!Reader]

Words: 1.8k+
Type: Fluff
Summary: You're Billy's ex and you end up moving to Hawkins and going to the the same high school as him.
Warning: NON-CANON BILLY. English is not my first language. Sorry if I misspelled something. GN = Gender Neutral.

The number of pairs of eyes in the hallway glued on you is unbelievable. It's all while a random guy is showing you around the school. You're sure Hawkins doesn't have many visitors, but this is too much. 

The hood of your jacket only covers so much of your face, yet people still try to take a look of the new Californian in the school. You aren't really paying attention to any of them, only the ones who didn't even try to make their movements (or lack thereof) discreet. You are simply trying to concentrate on the guy's words so you wouldn't find yourself getting lost on your first day, but it seems impossible to do so.

"And this is where your English class will be. I'm pretty sure that it is..." He said before grabbing the paper in your hands, "Your first class of the day"

"Thank you so much." You say giving him a smile.

The guy smiles back at you before walking away, and you walk into your classroom. There are only 4 people inside the room, but you agree it is better to be early than late for your first day.

One of your parents lost their job a few months ago. Their next job interview only offered them a spot available in Hawkins. The same exact town that your ex-boyfriend, Billy, moved to. This town was the reason for the both of you breaking up, and now here you are. Same town yet secretly hoping that you're in different schools.

The reason for your breakup was the idea of having a long-distance relationship. With a father like Billy's, there's no going back to California that soon, so, it would be hard for you to see each other again.

And, also, you know how Billy is. When dating you, he was very, very loyal to you. Before you started dating? He had everyone available for whatever he wanted and whenever he wanted. And, realistically, why would that change? It's not like dating you made him less attractive. So... as much as it hurts, he is surely back with his flirting and very much fucking everyone.

You take a seat right in the back of the room and watch as everyone starts to get in. It takes some time, but, eventually, even the teacher walks in with the last students. That is enough to take your attention away from the door.

The class, just like in California, was boring and, thankfully, this teacher didn't make your presence known to the whole class. It's not on your plans to have to stand up and introduce yourself to every class today, so, to say this was a good start, it's an understatement.

You look out of the window as the teacher talks. After that becomes boring too, you begin looking at everyone around you. Everyone has their back turned to you, so you can't see a lot, only enough to make you entertained.

Your eyes stop in the blonde mullet, and your whole body freezes. It's one very similar to Billy's. The guy in question keeps looking at the teacher, but that is until his friend beside him throws him a pencil.

"What the fuck?" Billy whispers at Tommy for the random throw, and his friend chuckles before starting to talk to him.

You are in shock, even worse once you see his face. You watch as Billy rolls his eyes at Tommy's words, and, right you make yourself stop looking at him, his eyes move to you. He couldn't really see your face because of the hood of your jacket, but he's not stupid.

The class ends mere minutes later, and you're one of the firsts to leave the room.

"From all fucking schools" You whisper to yourself while walking to your locker.