"I'll have it outlined by sundown if you'd like me to transmit then?" Val asked, certain that he could give a brief rundown on command but hoping Korta would give him the time to prepare something proper. "Very well Val, but I'd like for you to present it in person." the Grandmaster replied, his voice reassuring. "The Imperial army officers would be better served to see the man responsible for the gambit, considering the mistakes that have been made thusfar." Korta explained. Val nodded to himself, remembering the blunders perpetrated by the Naval officers and Knights responsible for the landing operations. The victory in orbit had been squandered by impatience and apathy.

"I understand." Val said calmly. He could hear Korta laugh from the other end of the connection, "You have two hours kid, make them count." he said finally. Chiko's voice was back on a moment later, "So you've got his attention then." she said somewhat amused, "That's good." Val could tell she wanted to say more, mostly because he shared the impulse. The journey from Raeth to Zyllovan had been rapid and busy for both of them. Much of their time had been consumed in research on behalf of Korta as well as their expected daily training regimen. The only time they'd had together was in the sparring ring aboard the Triumphant. Now, nearly a month into the battle they had scarcely seen each other at all. "I'll see you soon." he said, hoping she would understand. "Don't rush, this is important." She said, Val imagining a smile touching her lips. The comm went dead and Val turned to face Kavos. "Well, let's get started." he said with an exasperated sigh

The shuttle flew low behind the hills to avoid the attention of the anti-air batteries that had stopped the expeditionary force cold nearly a month before. Val clung tightly to his seat as they overflew the rear staging areas where the bulk of Imperial forces were camped. These would be the Stormtroopers and Knights that would lead the charge in Val's planned attack, should that plan be enacted. He tried to imagine it, allowing his mind to run wild with possibility. He lost track of time, opening his eyes to see the headquarters complex coming up quickly ahead.

The young Knight took a moment to collect himself and gave Kavos a reassuring slap on the shoulder. "Come on, this could make your career... if it works." Val said with a smile. Kavos was less enthused, "I think we both know who they will blame if it doesn't." the Officer replied. "You never soil a Knight's sterling reputation if it can be helped." Kavos added bitterly. Val knew that to be true, at least partially. "We deal with our own." Val replied somewhat defensively. It was a hollow defense, he did not particularly support the current punitive practices of his order either. Knights were above responsibility for their failures, preferring to blame subordinates in the greater interest of the organization.

The damage of this policy was two-fold. Firstly the divide it created between the Emperor's most elite guardians and the rest of his forces harmed cohesion and created resentment. Secondly, it failed to punish those bad actors and incompetents before their flaws could manifest in even greater failure. Val wasn't sure which of the two was worse, but was certain that this systemic flaw could not be allowed to persist. He turned to Kavos, "If it fails it will be my failure, Duor." Val promised. Kavos nodded, but something in his eyes spoke of suspicion. "Yes, well, we shall deal with that when it arises." Kavos said as the shuttle made contact with the landing pad.

Val stepped out into the rapidly falling evening. Misty rain streaked down from above, eliciting a sigh and a curse from his companion. "It didn't rain a single blasted time during my last visit." Kavos said with growing irritation. Val laughed grimly, which only further irritated Kavos. "What's so funny?" the cold, miserable officer asked. Val waved for him to follow, moving briskly for the main bunker. "All of those intelligence reports and you never noticed..." Val said mockingly. "Noticed what?" Kavos said, oblivious. Val stopped in front of the main entrance, handing his credentials to the door guard, "That complex was once an Imperial terraforming site." Val said. The pieces fell into place and Kavos' face reflected the realization.