32

real life

karter sits up, a smile on his face as he looks around at those around him. he was beyond happy, especially since kelsie was no longer stuck in the gutter like she had been for the past four months.

"I should probably get going."

kelsie sits up as matthew walks out of the room, a defeated look on his face. she breaks out of reece's grasp and follows him out of the room, concern on her face.

"why are you leaving? it's ten thirty, the night just got started!"

"im tired."

"i call bullshit."

matthew turns around, his face full of anger and sadness.

"then what do you want me to say?"

"the truth? duh!"

kelsie laughs, trying to break some of the tension up, but that only makes it worse.

"because i don't want to sit here and watch you get all loved up with george! you have known how i feel about you for months, and the second he's back in your life you go crawling back to him? what the fuck kelsie?"

kelsie steps back.
"that's not fair."

"you said you were going to try."

she scoffs.
"do you seriously think i didn't? i wanted to get over george. i wanted all of the pain to disappear. i needed it gone, but no matter how hard i tried i was still in love with him!"

matthew nods.
"i figured you were."

"what's that supposed to mean?"

but she doesn't get an answer. he walked right out of the hotel and didn't look back.

kelsie groans in frustration and walks back to the hotel room.

"what happened?"

"he left."

kelsie huffs and crosses her arms.

"is that a bad thing?"

she looks over at reece.
"what?"

he leans towards her, making sure only she could hear what he was saying.
"he was getting in the way. anytime you would even begin a conversation with george he would jump in and distract you."

"no-"

"he did for twenty minutes straight kels."

"oh."

she sighs, looking over at the blonde, but instead making eye contact with eyes the color of the ocean. eyes she fell in love with all those months ago. she didn't know where to begin to tell him how she felt. she was worried everything would fall apart, but lila has repeatedly told her that he still had serious feelings for her.

"kels?"

"yea?"

"can i talk to you?"