someone else

joji's pov:

god, how is she so perfect?

everything about her is so mesmerizing. her shiny, long hair, her soft skin, those lips that i just want to grab and kiss.

but those things aren't mine. she isn't mine.

y/n and max have been dating for 6 months and i still can't get over it. i mean, i've liked her since high school! but i guess that's what i get for being a pussy and not confessing to her.

"joji? earth to joji?"

ian snapped me out of my trance. shit, i was staring at her again.

"s-sorry dude. what did you say?" i mumbled.

"dude, you didn't hear anything i said? fine,
ill tell you again." ian said. he continued to go off about some documentary he is obsessed about, but my eyes went right back to y/n. ian and i were at the kitchen, while max and y/n were in the living room. i could hear her laughs and giggles since max was ticking her. she had the biggest smile on her face, her cute dimples appearing on her face.

that should be me.

it was getting late and at this point, we were all drunk. the four of us were sitting in the living room, watching friends.

"i gotta go piss," ian announced, getting up and running to the bathroom, almost slipping in the process.

"i'm going to get the beers in the car. be right back." max said, kissing y/n's cheek, before walking outside and closing the door behind him. that left y/n and i alone together. there was a silence that hung in the room. we haven't really talked in a while since i've been busy with my music and y/n was busy with her own life. i was so scared things would be different with us like she isn't the same y/n i know. she finally broke the silence.

"i felt like we haven't talked in so long."

she was looking over at me, with these big, beautiful eyes. god, she's irresistible.

"i've been good. music has been going good," i said.

"i know. you have been on top charts." she smiled, getting up to sit closer to me.

"i guess. not that much though," i mumbled.

"stop humbling yourself. you have been doing so well, joj."

she hasn't called me joj in ages. there was another pause. she was looking down at her hands, playing with the rings on her fingers.

"so, how are you and max?" i asked. deep down i hoped she would say nothing good.

"really well, actually! he asked me to move in."

i just nodded, grabbing my beer and taking a hard swig. why did i ask that? now i'm even more heartbroken. there was yet another silence.

"joj, things have been different with us. what happened?" she asked softly.

i looked over at her. max happened.

"nothing happened. i think that we are just busy with our own lives," i said. ew, i sounded so cheesy. she nodded slightly.

"well i miss you.." she mumbled.

those words gave me a rush of adrenaline. i looked over at her. she was looking up at me. god, i don't know if i can hold back much longer. i felt like gravity was pulling us closer together. i felt my face getting closer to hers, feeling her breath on my lips. i moved a bit closer and-

"got the beers!" max shouted, busting through the front door.

y/n pulls away from my face quickly before max noticed anything. she got up and went over to max, acting as if things were normal. what the hell am i doing? she doesn't love me. she loves max.

she loves someone

hey guys! first one done. hope you enjoy! sorry, it's so short.

love y'all!

word count: 646 words