Chapter 3

IS it terrible that I haven't updated in forever? I'm sorry. I hate my books and I wish they got more reads. I'll be uploading more though. 

:)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Madison walked through the door and took in the crisp smell of fresh air. The chilly night sent a shiver down her spine. A hand was place on her back and led her down the road into his car. Madison did not disobey. She followed him, or followed the sound of his footsteps, and was led into his car where he drove off. Not a word was said. Madison relaxed. Just how she liked it. 

They pulled into a bar and the man led her out of the car and into the small pub. Small chit chat filled Madison's ears and except for two men in the back, the place was empty. Madison waited for the mysterious man to guide her somewhere else. He noticed and led her to a bar stool, ordering two beers. 

The drinks came in five minutes. Madison felt around and picked up the cold glass. 

"Madison, is it?" the low voice asked. Madison sat next to the chair and directed her face towards his voice. She blinked her eyes to much and opened them to wide as she nodded. Her blind eyes wanting to see his face; see the face that belongs to this voice. "Lovely name," he continued. A silence fell between them as Madison racked her head for something to speak about.

"Tell me a quote Madison. You seem like a smart girl," he said, breaking the uneasy silence. Madison tried to look in a direction, make it seem as though she could actually see him.

"Eyes are the windows to the souls," she whispered seductively. The man leaned in close to her ear and his warm breath tickled her neck.

"Why can't I see in to your blind soul, then?" he purred. Madison felt her face flush and a single tear could have rolled down her cheek. But it didn't and the truth rolled off her lips to quickly.

"Because I'm blind," she stated, answering his question. The man retreated, a smile playing on his lips. Madison stopped trying to look his way or pretend she could see him. There was no point anymore.

"Nice try," he said and through some money on the bar's surface, getting ready to walk out. He slowly made his way away from the bar and headed for the door; his faint footsteps echoing through her ears. She didn't want him to get away, so she did the only thing possible. She flung herself off the bar's short chair and ran out the door after him, bumping into several people, tables, and waitresses.

"Wait!" she called out as she pulled the door open. "WAIT!" Madison ran into the middle of the road, a car coming her way. A muscular body pushed her back and against the window of the small bar. The car blared it's horn and kept going.

"You just can't sit and act like a good girl can you?" the voice asked delighted by her recklessness. Madison breath's came in heavy pants before she could ask him. "Was there something you wanted, baby-doll?"

Madison nodded her head and grasped the front of his shirt. "What's your name? You can't leave me like this without a name," she says firmly. She might be blind, but she was head strong.

The man smiled. For the first time in a long while, he smiled. "Ross," he whispered and pulled out of her grasp, leaving a blind girl in front of a bar with no exact way to get home.

Madison didn't know what to do. She couldn't decide if she should stay put or ask for help. She heard a car engine and the sound of a car leaving. Instead of freaking out, she simply sat down and folded her legs. Jessica would somehow find her. It was always like that in movies. 

But this wasn't a movie; this was reality and Madison needed to go home or someone else could get her. It sounded like a movie though; a blind girl, lost, with no way to get home. Madison let out a long sigh. Why couldn't life be easy. Why did everything always have to be hard? 

The sound of brakes and a car stopping next to the sidewalk shook Madison out of her thoughts. 

"Oh dear God, Madison!" Jessica cried out. Madison felt relief course through her veins. "How the hell did you end up here?" Madison shook her head and got up. She walked to the car, and Jessica told her to get in the other side. Madison obeyed. 

*~* 

"That was a nice little stunt you pulled there, Ross." 

"I know. Not my best, but it comes in as a close second."

"I'm serious! She could have been hurt! You know she is my responsibility. Why would you take her?"

"Because you wanted me to? I cannot please you, can I?" 

Jessica bit her tongue, trying hard not to hang up. She wanted to find out what happened. All she knew was that Ross took Madison. She needed to find out if they made any progress. 

"What did you two do?" 

"Nothing you want to know," Ross replied. 

"I'm serious!"

"When are you not?" 

"ROSS!" 

She heard a chuckle on the other end and screamed in frustration. 

"Will you be seeing her again?"

"Maybe."

"Don't get me started!" 

"Okay, okay! I will. I was just thinking of a way to meet her again," Jessica felt relief wash through her, but not before she had another shot at Ross. 

"Well then maybe you should have given her your number the first time!" And with that said, she hung up. 

*~* 

Ross stared at the receiver. What could he do to 'meet' her again. Why was he doing this anyway? Oh yeah, for sex. Like always. Nothing new. Was Jessica worth it? 

Maybe. 

Ross thought about. It was one time in a party and they were both completely wasted. He couldn't remember a step by step replay, but he remembered that it was good. That is was comparable to bacon. And bacon was int the top 5 best things in life. And sometimes it was hard to find good sex. 

It was worth it. 

Ross jumped up from the couch and ran to get his keys. He sprinted out the door and practically summer saluted into his car where he drove to pick Madison up from school. 

___________________________________________________________________

SO bad chapter. I'll try and upload more. ;)