Trip in Jeju Island

Start from the beginning

"Can I reserve a place for us?"

Seung Hyun agrees.

---

The next day, Seung Hyun picks up Dara early in the morning and they head to Gimpo airport for their flight to Jeju. They were glad that no one noticed them. They peacefully arrived at Jeju. Seung Hyun was impressed that Dara managed to rent a car for them to use. Dara input the address at the GPS as Seung Hyun drives for them.

The house that Dara rented has a sea view. It's also peaceful and has enough distance from other houses.

Seung Hyun drops their small luggage's near the sofa as he looks around. Dara went to the balcony that overlooks the sea. She loves it. Seung Hyun follows her at the balcony and hugs her from behind.

"It's beautiful here," Dara said as she holds at Seung Hyun's arms that wrapped around her waist. Seung Hyun agrees with her. "It is. Especially that we're here together. I'm glad no one noticed us at the airport."

"It's a bit early, that's why." She chuckles. Seung Hyun kisses her shoulder. "So, what are we going to do now?" he asks.

"We can go around and explore the island. Then we can go to the market later so we can buy some food for dinner. Is that okay?"

Dong Jon nodded. "No problem. Let's rest for a bit before leaving."

"Sure," Dara said. Seung Hyun let go of her but took her hand. He leads her back inside so they can rest.

An hour and a half later, Seung Hyun and Dara are on their way to the Teddy Bear Museum. Dara wanted to see it. Seung Hyun is just happy to see Dara admire the exhibit. After that, they went to Aqua World to see the marine life. It felt so normal that they can freely roam around without camera flashing at them. Near dinner time, they went to a market to find something to eat. They were checking some seafood when someone taps Dara's shoulder. She looks around and saw a familiar face that she hadn't see for three years.

"Mother." She said.

Kwon Soo Young smiles at her. Dara hugs the old woman. "It's great to see you, Mother," Dara said before letting her go.

'It's great to see you again, child.' Soo Young signed at her. Then she looks at Seung Hyun. Dara smiles. "Mother, this is Choi Seung Hyun, my boyfriend. Seung Hyun, this is Kwon Soo Young, she's Mino and Ji Yong's mom." Dara said. Seung Hyun smiles at Soo Young and bows to her. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kwon." He said.

Soo Young signed something. Seung Hyun looks at Dara.

"She said it's nice to meet you too," Dara said. Dara looks back at Soo Young.

'What are you doing here?' Soo Young asked.

"We're on a short vacation, Mother. We're exploring the market while looking for something to cook for dinner." She answered her.

Soo Young waved her hands. 'Don't bother. Just come with me to my home and let's have dinner together. I will cook for the two of you.' Dara looks at Seung Hyun. "Mother is inviting us to her home for dinner." She said while looking anxious. She knows that it's awkward to meet her ex-boyfriend's mother and it's more awkward to have dinner with her. But Seung Hyun looks fine and smiling at them.

"Sure. Let's go." He said. Dara grips his hand to thank him. She then gazes back at Soo Young. "Let's go, Mother?" she said. Seung Hyun offers help to Soo Young by carrying the plastic bags she's carrying. Soo Young told Dara that she just needs to buy some seafood for them. Dara paid for it in return and they went to her home.

It took them 20 minutes driving to her place. It's a small house in a good neighborhood. Ji Yong did well in giving her mother a nice place to live in. When they enter, Soo Young points Seung Hyun to place the bags on the kitchen counter.