Chapter 8

|A few days later|
                                    •MARLOWE•

I've been in Haisley's room almost everyday all day I just can't bring myself to leave out of here. And the more I look at her crib I think about walking in here when she cries or coming in here in the morning when she wakes up.

"What you doing". Jahreem asked walking inside the room.

"Thinking about what I did wrong". I said tearing up as I sat in the rocking chair.

"Baby you didn't do anything wrong". He said kneeling down in front of me.

"I just look at this room and it makes me think about her". I said wiping my face.

She would have loved playing in here.

•JAHREEM•

"Look I'll pack everything up in the room and put it in storage". I said and she shook her head.

"No keep it the way it is she might come back". She said causing me to sigh.

"Baby she's gone she's not coming back". I said softly trying to touch her but she pushed me away.

"DON'T FUCKING SAY THAT DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT HER AT ALL". She yelled causing me to look at her like she was crazy.

"OH COURSE I CARE ABOUT MY FUCKING DAUGHTER I BEEN TRYING TO HOLD SHIT TOGETHER FOR YOU". I yelled and I could feel veins popping out of my neck.

"You don't act like you care that she died". She said with a shrug.

"Let me get the fuck out of here before I say some shit". I said walking out of the room and grabbing the keys from the counter and walking out.

Going down the street to the grocery market I see some of my boys hanging out around there.

"Wassup dude how's the baby". One of the guys asked.

"Don't worry about it and come here let me talk to you". My bestfriend Rich said and we walk away from the group.

"What's going on I saw the look on your face when he asked". He said looking at me waiting for me to answer.

"She-she died man". I said tearing up and he pulled me into a hug.

"It's gone being okay man you got to stay strong for Marlowe". He said and I shook my head.

"That's what I been trying to do but it seems like she pushing me away". I said with a sigh looking at people that passed by.

"This just a hard time try not to take it to heart she needs you right now so go home". He said and I nod letting him know I was listening.

"I'll catch you later". I said dapping him up before walking off.

|15 minutes later|

Walking into the apartment I see Marlowe in the corner again talking to herself again holding a knife. Rushing over I take the knife from her.

I think it's time to call the institute she got out of for her own safety.

Pulling out my phone I dial the number and it rings a few times before somebody picked up.

"Cornerstone Psychiatric Institution". The person said as I looked at Marlowe.

"Wassup I have a released patient who isn't doing to good". I said and I could hear movement on the other end.

"Can I have the patients name please". She asked and I nodded.

"Marlowe Thompson". I said and she looked over at me before talking to herself again.

"And what is the problem". She asked typing on the computer.

"She uh talks to herself like hears voices that tell her to do things I don't know what it's called". I said scratching the back of my neck.

"I have her file up right now and I'm sending some people over to pick her up as we speak". She said and I nod as if she could see me.

"Cool thanks". I said before hanging up.

|25 minutes later|

I sat here watching Marlowe the whole time when a knock came on the door. Standing up I open the door and two dudes wearing all white stood there.

"She's over there". I said pointing at her as I moved to the side.

I watched as they went over and tried talking to her to see if she would go willingly but she wouldn't.

"We're going to have to pick her up is that alright". One of them asked me.

"Yeah don't hurt her though". I said and he nodded.

They picked her up and she started thrashing around swinging wildly.

"DON'T LET THEM TAKE ME". She screamed reaching out to me.

"Administer 30 mgs of Benzodiazepines lorazepam". One of them said to the other.

I watch as he pulled out a needle and stuck it in her arm and after that she went limp.

"Yo what did you just do". I ask with my face scrunched up.

"It's a sedative for aggressive patients she'll be fine". He said and I nodded.

They start walking out of the apartment and put her into an ambulance type of van.

Before they could close the door I stopped them.

"Let me say something to her real quick". I say and they nod letting me step in the van.

"I love you and I'm doing this for you". I said grabbing her hand kissing it.

"I-I love y-you too". She said slurring her words.

Stepping off the van they close the door and get in before driving off.

Dropping my head I shake it before walking back into the building and to our apartment.

I just want her to get the help she needs right now...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE