The Final Part Two

The Final Part Two

"I'm from the year 2020." He said. His eyes were locked on me. I was hoping and praying he was not being serious.

"That's not possible." Babe took control of the situation when I couldn't find my voice. "We should have left your sketchy ass here."

"I know. You wouldn't believe me. Tristan said you wouldn't."

I sat down cradling my head. How was I supposed to wrap my head around time travel? It goes against every law of anything.

"Wait...Tristan? He would never bring you here." I was getting more confused by the second.

"Desperate people will take whatever measures necessary."

"You are telling us this man discovered time travel and with all the possibilities he picked you up and brought you here on the cruise." Babe sounded harsh but let's face it we were all thinking the same thing.

"I don't like you." Trix pouted.

"I don't like you either." She crouched down next to him. "So far I'm the only one stopping your girl from letting you go."

"This isn't a game guys. Cool it. Babe maybe it's best if you sit outside with Grant." I take a deep breath. Now is not the time to act like children.

"But..."

"We aren't getting anywhere with you here." I walk her out. "I spent so long with this kid. If he is going to talk to anybody it's me." I spin on my heel and head back in.

"Then there were two." He flirted.

"I'm not your biggest fan at the moment. The only reason I'm even here is because my brother who I thought was dead asked me to help you. But unless you start explaining. I'm walking." I was so conflicted.

Seeing him again was so much harder than I had expected it to be. I thought I was done with him. In my head the next time I saw him. I was going to rip him a new one. I was going to make him feel as bad as he made me feel. For gods sake, he made me cry. I don't usually allow myself to cry because I was taught you cry for the weak. But being in his presence made me forget all the bad things I felt moments before. I hated myself for that.

"In order to understand why or how this is happening, Sunshine, you need to hear what happens next." He used the stupid stupid nickname.

"I'm listening." I egged him on.

"Any minute the B-E-S-T will reveal that you have the highest score out of any one ever in the program." He started.

Really? What about Babe? She is so much smarter?

"They will threaten to kill every remaining elite on the cruise if you don't agree to look over future cruises."

"that's so cruel. I loathe them...but I couldn't let all of them die."

"That was your line of thinking the first time around. The choice you made before was to save all those lives. Since you decided that you made it possible for everyone across the galaxy to have some form of the cruise. You never felt more guilty. Tristan could see it. He was worried about you. You know how it goes after that millions of potentials are killed to have the best only. In this timeline Babe never emotionally healed after Leo. She had a vendetta against the whole system." My heart clenched tightly at the thought of someone my age dying so gruesomely. "Babe starts an uprising. You believed in her cause so you work as a double agent. You revealed the plan of the Elite to her."

I was listening intently. I had so many questions but I promised I would listen.

"You are so cute when you are lost in your thoughts." He commented.