With a small smile, she greeted, "Amane-sama."

Amane returned the greeting by petting her head, earning a satisfied on Mitsuko's lips. The two walked past the rooms. A comfortable silence was present along the way.

Amane asked, "How are you doing?"

Mitsuko answered, "I'm doing fine. The missions are just getting harder and harder everyday." She received a hum from Amane.

Amane stopped in front of a sliding door. Mitsuko immediately thought that Kagaya must be on other side of the door. She thanked Amane.

"Excuse me," mumbled Mitsuko, before opening the door.

She saw Kagaya looking straight at her with the same comforting smile resting on his lips. "Oyakata-sama."

"Ah, Mitsuko, you're here."

"Yes."

Mitsuko just registered the two of them are alone in the room. This made her ponder over how long did the leader of Demon Slaying Corps wait for her.

She started the conversation with a question, "May I ask why Oyakata-sama suddenly asked for my presence?"

Kagaya raised his hand. Mitsuko immediately took this sign and shut her mouth.

Kagaya assured her, "There is no need for formalities. We're about to talk about personal matters after all."

"Personal matters..."

Kagaya nodded. "I suppose you have encountered a demon that is not eating humans."

He knows about that. Mitsuko thought. The sight of Tamayo and her assistant, Yushiro, crossed her mind.

"What's the name of the demon?" asked Kagaya.

Mitsuko hesitated. She needs to be cautious of her next actions. Tamayo might be killed if she disclose any information about her. Tamayo and Yushiro have been trying hard to conceal themselves from Muzan.

"I won't send anyone to slay the demon."

Mitsuko looked up at Kagaya. He was still wearing the smile. The smile that made everyone feel at ease. Somehow, Mitsuko was assured Tamayo and Yushiro will be alright.

Mitsuko answered, "Her name is Tamayo. She's a doctor." She felt ashamed of doubting Kagaya. But, this is the field of work, she can't be so sure. She thinks it's best if she hid Yushiro's existence from Kagaya. After all, it seemed like he's only interested in Tamayo. She owes Tamayo.

Mitsuko subconsciously started to fumble with the hairpiece in her hair. She continued, "She's hiding from Muzan, it seems."

"I see. We should keep her existence hidden in the Corps." Mitsuko nodded in understanding. Kagaya changed the subject, "How about your health? Have you been well?"

"Ah, yes. No need to worry about it, Kagaya-sama."

"Do you remember what happened?"

This question put Mitsuko in silence. It's been two months yet she hasn't remember a single for the past five years. Her red eyes noticed her scarred palms.

She answered, "No."  But, I have leads. Mitsuko finished in her mind. She needs to find out who Tsukiko is.

"There is no need to rush, Mitsuko. Eveything will come in due time."

"Yes."

The two wrapped their conversation. Mitsuko gave Kagaya a small smile, even though she's sure the man can't see anything. She said, "Thank you for your time, Kagaya-sama."

"Thank you as well."

* * *

Here I am, thinking I messed up or something. Mitsuko thought. She breathed out a sigh of relief. She looked up in the sky, it was in the middle of the day and the sun was high in the clouds. Her eyes squinted when the rays of the sun managed to peek through the leaves.

"Meow."

She looked down and saw a kitten wandering down at her foot. A small smile managed its way on her lips. She crouched down and let the kitten hop in her arms. She started to pet the kitten.

Her head snapped to a certain direction. Mitsuko sensed someone hiding behind a tree not far from her. The kitten jumped down from her and trudged to the specific tree. It suddenly hissed, causing a boy to jump out the tree and falling down to the ground.

Mitsuko was in a stance as the kitten was approaching the tree, but as soon as a boy—that seemed like not older than her—fell down to the ground she released her stance and her tensed features softened.

She scanned the boy. Long black hair fading to teal blue. His eyes were teal blue as well. His white and teal yukata was sleeveless. This fact made Mitsuko wished she can remove her haori too, but she has many insecurities and finds comfort in covering her arms.

The boy scrambled on the ground. He looked up at her. Mitsuko just noticed the boy must've been crying since his eyes were quite puffy and red. The boy's cheeks flushed red at the moment there gazes were locked with each other. He stared at her for what he thought a quick moment, when in reality it's been a suspicious full minute for Mitsuko.

That's when the boy realized, he was staring at her. He quickly got up to his feet and apologized, "Sorry! I didn't mean to sneak up on you and..." He was at a loss of words.

The kitten went back to Mitsuko's feet, purring and resting its head on her boots. Mitsuko asked, "What's your name?" her voice small and quiet. She wasn't one to ask for personal information of others, but it felt like she had too ask.

The boy answered, "Tokitou Muichirou."

She hummed. Muichirou asked, "You?"

That's when Mitsuko just processed she hasn't said her name yet. "Tomioka Mitsuko."

Muichirou turned his head at a certain direction. He looked back at Mitsuko. Mitsuko did the same, wondering what he was looking at. Muichirou said, "I... need to get going. Nice to meet you. Bye!"

Mitsuko watched as Muichirou left her sight, his figure being swallowed up by the trees of the forest.

She's pretty. thought Muichirou, smiling at the sight of red eyes looking back at him.