Chapter 6: Hot and Cold

The bliss did not last long.

How did it start again?

Well, they were out window shopping at the one mall Gotham City had. Dick was wearing some jeans, a blue sweater and some checkered Vans and Roxanne's hair was dyed pink as she wore a sparkly red turtleneck with some dark blue jeans and some white sneakers.

Everything was going smoothly until Roxanne found a piece of jewelry in the window.
"Oh! This is pretty. What do you think, Dick? Dick? Hello! Earth to Richard Grayson!" She snaps her fingers in front of his face and Dick blinks.
"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Roxanne rolls her eyes.
"What???"
"If you were not going to pay attention and be bored, then you shouldn't have gone with me!"
"I just haven't found anything I would like-and I have been paying attention!" He says through gritted teeth, not wanting to make scene.
"Oh really? Then what did I just say?" Roxanne asks in an annoyed tone, hands on her hips. He doesn't answer her and she scoffs, walking away.
"Where are you going?" He asks.
"I don't know! Somewhere-away from you!"

Dick let's out a curse under his breath.

The day couldn't get any worse... until he saw his sister Helena walking his way.