Chapter Three

2 weeks later...

"You ready to go?" Meg asks Samantha, who was finishing her ponytail with a side braid. It was around 8 in the morning. Two weeks after the welcoming party; and well, two weeks after Samantha has met Louis.

They've been hanging out. And to all honesty, Samantha felt that it was just right to go hang out with Louis. Every time Meg had to go to work, she would go along with her, having Meg drop her off by the abandoned pasture they first met. She would always sit on that stray rock, feeling the heat from the rays of the sun as she continuously snapped pictures of any angle beautiful.

Securing her camera in its bag, Samantha smiled, "Yup." She says. Meg smiled as well, inserting her car keys to its keyhole, twisting it until the lock clicked. Meg jumped in the driver's seat whilst Samantha sat in the passenger seat, slowly closing the door of the car the moment Meg inserted its car key to the slot.

 "Do you want to head to the café first? It's 8 in the morning and you'll be going to a pasture, alone." Meg said worriedly.

 "I guess so." She says and Meg started revving the car out of its carpark and into the driveway.

"Where are you going again after the cafe?" Meg asks, tilting her head to Samantha, who had beenlooking vacantly into the road.

"Same place." She says plainly.

Meg started to do tsking sounds, "What on earth are you even doing in that bloody pasture? It's rarely crowded. I bet you're the only one there every time you go there." Meg says.

Samantha smiled to the thought of Louis coming in her mind and shook her head playfully, "You have absolutely no idea." She simply states.

 Meg raised her hands as a sign of surrender for a split second before returning it to the steering wheel, "Fine, you win." She says, making both of them laugh on the way to the cafe.

~~

"Cindy, take whatever Samantha gets out of my paycheck, alright?" Meg informs Cindy, her manager in the cafe.

Samantha smiled, "Would it be bad if I took everything out of your paycheck." Meg's eyes widened to Samantha's statement.

"Don't you even dare, Monty." She glares, placing her cap, which was a part of her uniform.

"Alright, alright. I'm gonna get a bowl of pretzels and Yorkshire tea. That's all." She tells Cindy, who got her order quite quickly.

As soon as Cindy handed her the bowl of pretzels and the glass of Yorkshire tea, she smiles to the blonde girl before finding her way to a table by the full-length window of the cafe. The cafe was actually pretty cool. Having the windows to the heigh of the actual cafe and well, it felt like a simple day in Starbucks. Samantha once tasted the caffeine Starbucks had offered everyone when she spent her summer in California around three years ago.

As soon as she swallowed her first pretzel, her phone went off. She quickly fished it out of her jeans pocket, revealing the name of the caller. Louis.

She smiled while sliding the screen of her phone to accept the call, unleashing the sound of Louis' soft, cracking voice. "Morning, Sam!" He greeted. With those simple two words, Samantha got herself to chuckle. "Morning, Lou." She simply stated before taking a sip of her tea.

He chuckled as well, "I'm on my way to the pasture." He says, bringing Samantha to choke on her delightful tea.

"You're on your way, already?!" She yelped.

"Is there something wrong?" He asks with a hint of concern in his tone.

Without minding Louis' question, she screamed to a working Meg, "I'm going, Meg! Thanks for the food though!" She screamed, not removing the phone by her ear as she quickly took her camera bag and scurried all the way to the sidewalk to get a cab.