Chapter One

"Samantha, you have to go down here. We'll miss our flight!" He said with his raspy voice, running a hand through his salt and pepper hair.

"Coming down in a minute!" A voice shouted from the second floor. He grunted, dragging all the luggages up to his black pick-up truck, tying all the luggages on the back to secure it during their travel.

A while later, the girl he had been calling came down, her white 3/4 top with a black peace sign printed all over her black high-waisted shorts and a pair of gold sequin bow pumps-- her crossbody bag swinging back and forth as she approached her dad, "Are all my luggages there now, dad?" She asks, running her hand through her black waves. (Her clothes in the right>>>) 

He nodded, "Did you check if you left anything for the summer?" He asks, raising his right arm to check the time.

She had her thinking face plastered all over, as if trying to recall if she forgot something, "Ah!" She yelped. She looked panic and ran all the way back to their house, hearing a continuous thuds and creaking hardwood floors.

He sighed, "Every time..." He muttered.

She ran hurriedly back into her room, scattering useless stuff all over the room, hoping to find her favorite gift she received from her mother before she abandoned them. After a few minutes of last-minute packing, she finally found it under her messed up bed. "Found you!" she muttered, smoothening out the surface of her Nikon SLR D60.

"Samantha Collins you better go down here or else we'll miss the flight!" She heard her dad's raspy voice echo all around the house.

She groaned, "Coming dad!" She shouted.

She hurriedly ran down the stairs, running a hand through her black waves again before coming out of the house, eventually locking it. " I'm ready." was all she said before jumping in on the pick up truck.

"So..." She started, "Where are we off to?" She asks as she carefully places her SLR in its bag packed with different sizes of blank photo papers.

"Doncaster." Her dad simply stated. Her face scrunched up on her dad, wondering why they needed a flight.

"Doncaster? That's just a five-hour drive away? Why do we need to have a flight?" She asks, watching her dad peculiarly laugh out of the blue.

"I only said we had a flight so you'd hurry up." He says.

She leans on the back of the seat, arms crossed and obviously pissed, "Thanks a lot, Dad." She says, fishing out her iPhone, noticing 1 unread message.

From: Hayley 8:42 AM

Have fun in Doncaster!! Can't wait for you to get back! Missing my bestie right now! Say hi to Meg for me! xx 

She laughed at the thought that her best friend and her sister actually got along. Not that her sister, Meg was totally unbearable, but she was just not the type of sister Samantha had dreamed off. And the fact that she would only see her sister for a good three months a year sounded so distant. Megan Collins lives in Doncaster along with their other relatives, having a job in a nearby café  as a barista/waitress/manager/cashier. Yup, Meg was a hard worker.

On the other hand, Samantha was more focused in photography. Two years ago, she got her SLR as a present from both her mom and dad. Even if her mom had left her 17 years ago, her dad had told her how her mom would save for her 18th birthday just to give her a camera. She even made a scrapbook for her 18th birthday. All of her memories with her mom were as thin as ice, knowing that she was abandoned at the age of three.