chapter nineteen- wade

Chapter Nineteen

I wake up with Mia in my bed and it's the most amazing feeling in the world.

I take in the slope of her neck as it curves into her shoulder. The urge to tug the collar to the side and kiss her soft skin is there, but I don't want to wake her up yet. I want to look at her forever, just drinking her in. Her breath is heavy, whistling through her nose as she sleeps. Her body is curled in on itself, balling her up until she's smaller than she already is.

Finally, I can't stand it anymore. I move forward until my chest is against her back, curling an arm around her.

She stirs slowly, a small noise escaping.

I kiss her neck, just like I've been wanting to. "Good morning."

"Mmm," she murmurs, opening her eyes. "Is it already morning?"

"It is," I say.

She shifts in my arms, her hands finding the sides of my face. Her lips meet mine shyly.

"Good morning, Wade," she says when she pulls away.

I let my fingers wander, slipping under her shirt to touch her bare hip. I move my thumb in small circles, relishing in the way she responds to me. I've been wide awake for a while now but seeing her want written in her expression has made my pants more uncomfortable than they already are.

She kisses me again, longer, harder. Still sleepy, her mouth moves slowly, but I don't mind one bit. I grip her waist, pulling her until we're sitting up and she's moving against my body. She slides on top of me, straddling me as my tongue slips inside her mouth.

I start sucking on her collarbone, and she moans out loud.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, my voice raspy. I'm hoping she'll say she's up for another round because I want to be inside her so badly it aches. I need her.

"Like I want to do it again," she answers.

"Do what again?" I prompt, even though I know what she means.

She shoves me back gently, pulling her shirt over her head. "This. Make love to me, Wade."

Sweet Jesus.

Her bluntness only startles me for a moment. The next thing I know, I've got her naked in the morning light, exposed and gorgeous as hell. She tugs my boxers down next, and I kick them away. I think I put the condom on in record timing because it seems like I'm buried in her moments later. My face is in her neck, her legs are wrapped around me, and we're moving faster, faster, faster.

I'm not gonna last long. Not with her tightness. Not with the way she says my name and the sounds she makes and the way she feels.

Her voice breaks before she comes. "Wade—"

After that, I'm gone.

We're both panting, still tangled in each other even after it's over. The weariness sets in, leaving us dazed and utterly in love. This is my girl. I get to touch Mia and be with her in every way. She owns me. She completely owns me.

"I love you so much, you know that?" I whisper.

"I love you too," she says, getting off me.

Her face is flushed as she rises from the bed, turning her back to me as if I hadn't just seen her naked.

She steps into her underwear and asks, "Can I use your shower?"

"Yeah," I say. I grab my boxers and get them on before I lead into the bathroom. As I run the water, she stands off to the side, waiting.