Chapter One

I... wow, I just can't wow. I did it! I did it, I made it I am now officially a dauntledd member, but better than that I have come first. Its so unexpected, I worked so hard to keep my self in dauntless, to keep my self alive, I fought and I fought to prevent myself from becoming factionless. Thinking back to everything I have achieved in my life, but that's just it abnigation believe that competitive behaviour, and accomplishments are self centerd. So there is no dobt, I am hanging on to this, to my achievement to my success. I am dauntless now, I am brave, but I can't deny I still have abnigation running through me. I am no longer a beatrice Prior I am Tris. Just Tris.

I don't see him coming, he just smashes into my chest and gathers me in his arms. I just stand at first with my arms hung by my side, but I guess that's the abnigation in me still lurking in the depths of me. I force my arms to gather round his torso and pat his back lightly thinking that would finish this 'hug' that I have been evolved in. But it doesn't the air is still being crushed out of me. But I am dauntless now, I can't let a hug beat me, after all i did rank first. His hands are in the small of my back. And I admit I am not comfortable. Were friends thats all we are, and im not entirely comfortable with him me in this way. What am I saying! I sound like bBeatrice Prior the abnigation values in me is beaming through.

I can't stand this any longer.

"Uri, uri! I can't breathe" I gasp

And with that he releases me

"Sorry, we did it though Tris, me and you we did it, were dauntless now" Uriah says with excitement clearly taking over him.

I give a quick smile and prepare to make an excuse and dash

"Sorry you prob... probably want to go talk to Cristina and the others"

I step to the side out of his range, buy to my surprise he grabs me by thr wrist and kisses me on the cheek. I instantly feel me cheeks go crimson and a shudder runs down my spine.

"I have to.. I need to go know, see you later" I stutter.

Walk as fast as my feet will carry me out of the pit and then when Im sure uri can't see me anymore I go into a sprint. Not in a general direction just need to get out of there.

Uri kissed me. It was on thr cheek, and probably ment nothing to him just a symbol of our friendship. I hope thats all it is, I hope that's all we are... friends.