chapter 90

“Younger Sister-in-law, you’ve got so many good things here ah! Just one glance is enough to blind almost anyone! Every one of these is good!” Shi Yumei smiled and praised, “Why don’t Sister-in-law pick two for me? Anything’s fine!”

Of course, Sang Wan would have to refuse. She knew that no matter what she picked, Shi Yumei would surely not like them, so she might as well let Shi Yumei pick them herself. After all, all these didn’t really belong to her, so she wasn’t really pained if others were to have them.

As Sang Wan insisted on her picking them herself, she could only smile, and she went to pick the fine mutton-fat jade hairpin which Sang Wan had worn in her hair when they first met. Then, she went on to pick a pair of eighteen beads bracelet, a string of pearls edged with ruby, a set of jewel embedded hairpins, and a pair of gold-made lantern earrings embedded with ruby.

As she picked, she secretly observed Sang Wan’s expression from the corner of her eye. However, there was not the slightest bit of pain expressed on her face, and Shi Yumei was somewhat unamused. Upon a closer look, Sang Wan’s expression did not seem fake, and that made Shi Yumei feel that she was acting a bit too much. This much of a lesson should be enough! Shi Yumei thought to herself and stopped.

“Younger Sister-in-law being so generous will really make me embarrassed as the big sister! I didn’t bring any gifts along with me, yet here I am choosing my younger sister-in-law’s things! What would others think if they saw this!” Shi Yumei smiled half-sincerely.

“That’ll surely not happen!” Sang Wan quickly smiled and said, “You’re the eldest daughter of the Shi household. Also, Sir’s sister is also my sister! Big Sister, your words are too polite!” Sang Wan said before instructing Hong Ye to pack the pieces of jewelry selected by Shi Yumei into a decorated jewelry casket and hand it to Cui Zhu.

Shi Yumei enjoyed listening to such words, and she saw that the jewelry casket was not only made using a fine material, but was also beautiful in appearance. The inside was covered with red velvet pads and was divided into different compartments. Each compartment could store a single item, which showed her thoughtfulness.

Evidently, the casket was a valuable object. Shi Yumei could not understand Sang Wan’s initiative to give this away, but the howling sense of fighting against the injustice had slightly receded.

“Oh, not to forget,” Sang Wan smiled and informed, “Sir has also told me to prepare Banana Courtyard for Big Sister and Big Brother-in-law. Once it’s tidied, I would like Big Sister to come along with me to see if there’s anything else you’d like to add! I don’t know Big Sister’s preferences too well, so it would be better for Big Sister to have a look first!”

Hearing the words “Big Brother-in-law,” Shi Yumei felt somewhat uncomfortable, and she smiled, “Okay! But I’ll have to warn you, I have this little picky habit, but I hope you won’t find it bothersome!”

“Big Sister, please don’t say that! I won’t!” Sang Wan smiled.

“Then that’s good!” Shi Yumei smiled and went her way. “It’s busy over here, so I won’t bother you any longer! I’ll head off first!”

“Big Sister, be careful! If there’s time, please come again!” Sang Wan secretly heaved a sigh of relief as she went to see them out.