Finding the Best Substance Abuse Treatment Program for You

With so many programs and resources available for people who have been in trouble with drugs, how can anyone be sure that the best facility or program is right for them? Once a drug addict enters a substance abuse program, he is destined to live it day after day. It's not always easy to identify the best treatment program for drug addicts.

No matter what you decide, if you've recently come to believe that drug addiction has destroyed your life, there are things you need to know before you enter an Inpatient Drug rehab. Perhaps your was a result of an accident, a medical condition, or just the kind of drug you like to take.

If it was alcohol or drugs, be honest about your drug use. We all have an addiction to drugs, but there's no need to lie about your drug use to get into a good treatment program. Since so many people in recovery from their addictions admit to drug use, there are treatment centers that will let their clients stay in their programs if they admit they've used drugs.

Different treatment programs address different reasons for drug addiction. Some programs are more focused on detoxing drug addicts, while others take up a more traditional treatment of the illness. For people who are seeking a treatment program that addresses more than just detoxing, there are residential treatment centers that help individuals find a program that suits their needs. What you need to do is decide which drug treatment program best fits your situation.

When you choose a program, make sure it is one that addresses people's needs. If it's about improving your health rather than helping you stay clean and sober, it's probably not the right program for you.

The most important factor to look for in any residential drug rehab is their credentials. If you're considering living in a drug treatment facility, make sure that they are registered and licensed as an Inpatient Drug rehab facility. You need to find out the type of treatment services offered, whether it's group therapy individual counseling, or medication-assisted treatment. Do they also have professional counselors or other staff?

A residential treatment center can provide its patients with therapies and support, but the programs may be focused more on the physical aspect of the addict's well-being, or addiction itself. For some, being in a quiet room is easier than staying under the watchful eye of a certified professional. For those who aren't in a position to stay sober for long periods of time, be sure that the program offers supervised detox.

Most residential treatment centers will set up a safe, secure room for detox and detoxification. Also, the rooms should have special bathrooms. Depending on the program, the rooms may even be equipped with heating and air conditioning.

When looking for an center, you'll want to make sure that the facility is accredited by the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD). This not only helps a lot in choosing a treatment center, but also shows the local authorities that a treatment center is legitimate. You can also check to see if the program is authorized by any national or state agencies, such as the American Association of Social Workers, or the American Association of School Administrators.