He's messing with a strand of my hair, eyes fluttering around my features.

After what feels like forever, he meets my eyes and a soft smile overtakes his face.

"Hi, Cassie," he whispers, and I roll my eyes.

"Hey."

We stare at each other, and I feel at home. Everything about this feels right, in a way that it didn't with Kyle.

I guess what I told him when he showed up outside my house was true; I don't think I ever loved him.

"How do you feel about the cold?" Aaron asks out of nowhere.

My nose automatically scrunches up and he chuckles.

"Not a fan?" he guesses, and I shake my head in response.

"It's alright, I guess, but, I don't know, I just prefer warm weather over cold."

"What if I was there with you?"

His eyes, which had previously been on my hair, shift to meet mine, and I stop breathing from the intensity coming off them in waves.

"Depends on where we're going," i whisper, clearing my throat to rid it of the hoarseness that appeared out of nowhere.

I'm lying.

It wouldn't matter where we were because, one, I'd go anywhere with him, and two, I could just hug him the whole time and be fine.

Seriously, he makes me feel all warm on both the inside and outside.

And I love it.

"New Jersey," he says. "Do you want to come to New Jersey with me?"

I eye him. "Why?"

He shrugs, trying to seem nonchalant, but he's swallowing more, and the hand that he moved to my waist tightens the slightest bit.

"I just...want you to come with me."

"Do my parents know about this?"

He immediately nods. "Of course they do. I wouldn't be asking you if they didn't." I raise my eyebrows. "Okay," he concedes. "I probably would've still asked you and snuck you away. But," he adds. "What matters is that they do know and they said we could drive up there by ourselves."

A shot of happiness is injected into my system.

In a car with Aaron, alone, for more than four hours?

Sounds awesome.

At beginning of the school year, hell, a month ago, if you had told me I would be driving somewhere with Aaron and would be faced with the prospect of being alone with him for hours, I would groaned and whined and begged not to go.

Now, though, all I feel is elation, running through my veins and threatening to send my heart into overdrive.

"Cassie?" he murmurs softly, moving closer so his face is right in front of mine, his forehead pressed against mine.

"Yeah?" I let out, my voice shaking from his closeness.

"I'm so in love with you."

I melt. I become a puddle on my sheets. And I know I'll never get tired of hearing that.

"I know," I say, my tone cocky, not wanting him to catch the fact that he's going to kill me every time he says that.

I think he knows, though, because he smirks at me before he moves his head to snuggle into the space between my neck and the pillows, the way he always does.