𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Why— why can't you?" Letitia whimpers, begs. She just wanted to be able to help.

"I- I just.. can't."

"Please Seb... I- I'm here for you.. please-"

It seemed like hours before Sebastian finally was able to speak, find the right words to express his feelings in the littlest detail. "He did something to me.." he whimpers.

Letitia's eyes widened and she cupped Sebastian's cheeks. "Who..? Who did something to you.."

"Something bad.. horrible.."

"He..- he raped me.." Sebastian whispers, hiding his face in the crook of Letitia's neck.

Letitia fell silent. She couldn't bring herself to speak. Someone had touched Sebastian... done things to him that he didn't want.. she was furious. All she could do was hold the sobbing boy.

Sebastian was latched onto her, nails digging into her back harshly, but Letitia let him. Her shirt was soaked to the brim in tears, but Letitia didn't care. She didn't care that Sebastian didn't tell her who did this. She didn't care. All she cared was that Sebastian trusted her enough to finally tell someone what had happened.

Letitia rose, easily lifting Sebastian into her arms and carrying him over to her bed. She laid him down as gently as she could and took the space beside him, wrapping her arms around him. Sebastian clung to her, sobbing, howling. His body was shaking.

They laid in an intense silence, not uttering a word.

One question floated around Letitia's mind. How long has he had to keep this to himself?

****

Ever since their talk, Letitia hadn't left his side. She wouldn't let him be alone, wouldn't allow Joel anywhere near him. She didn't want him to hurt himself. Sebastian understood this, though, he wasn't used to all of the attention. Wasn't used to such protection from someone he had meet barely weeks ago.

Letitia had promised to not tell anyone. Not Chris, not Emily. Nobody could know. She respected that and made sure to reassure Sebastian that if the time came when he was okay with telling either of them, that they wouldn't judge him.

The two were at work, Sebastian insisting on needing the distraction and was manning the register. Letitia was in the back, helping clean dishes and talking with Sebastian whenever there was a chance to.

The bell above the diners door rung and Chris and a little girl walked in. He smiles at Sebastian, sending an onslaught of butterflies to erupt inside of Sebastian's stomach. "Hey, Seb." Chris greets.

Sebastian gulps. "H-hey."

"Ellie, this is Seb. Seb, this is my little sister, Ellie."

Ellie grins up at Sebastian and waves. "Hi!" She shouts, bouncing on her toes. "You are very pretty."

Sebastian blushes and smiles softly. "Thanks, hun." He says, slightly embarrassed at the sudden compliment. He forgot how straightforward kids could be.

Chris chuckles. "How are you?"

Sebastian shrugs. "I'm alright, slightly better than usual." Sebastian responds. "How are you?"