IX

Hours have past since we had left the planet. I never wanna go back there. But was it that bad? If it wasn't for me being on that planet I would've never met the Mandalorian or the child. I guess things have a way of working out in the end. By this time the child was asleep in my arms. I had tried to fall asleep the moment we left the planet but the child had other plans. He had managed to climb up onto my lap before cooing to get my attention. The moment I opened my eyes to peak at him he had gasped like he had gotten caught. Like he wasn't trying to wake me up but I knew otherwise. I got up before going to lay the child down in the back. If he were to wake up I'd be able to sense it. Call it "mother's intuition" or whatever. Did I see myself as the child's mother? Did he see me as this mother? When we found the child there was no other beings like him. He was probably taken as a baby. But if I was his mother in his eyes then what was the Mandalorian. I let the thoughts die as I saw the child shift a little bit in his sleep. Please don't wake up. I care about the child and all but he still is a child. Kids take out energy from you that you didn't even know you had. Needless to say I was tired. I made my way back to the cockpit before sitting back in the chair that was next to the Mandalorian. The silence between us with thick but comforting. That was until he started to speak.

"I need to tell you something." He said still looking ahead. I leaned a bit forward and raised my eyebrow for him to continue.

"I'm sorry."

I blinked slowly as those two words traveled in my brain.

"The moment we had turned in the child I was going through a lot mentally. I could tell from your face the moment the child left our sight that you wanted to get him back. I left you. I knew I shouldn't have in that moment but I wasn't going to be able to think straight when I was going through the same turmoil."

His words left me speechless. I mean sure I was still piss at him for the whole situation. But, I didn't expect him to apologize anytime soon.

"You don't have to forgive me. Hell, I would think it was a joke if you did. But I just want you to know." He said finally turn his head to look at me. I glanced at my shoes before coming up with some type of reply.

"Don't tell me you're going soft on me," I joked. He laughed lightly before looking back towards the front.

"You wish." He said as I walked out the cockpit.

I woke up to the rattling of the ship. The child that was next to me asleep was now gone. I got up from the makeshift bed before going into the cockpit.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked seeing the child in the Mandalorian's lap.

"He was touching things." He said slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, great blame it on the child," I said trying to hold back my laughter.

"So where to?" I said as I resting my arms on the chair the Mandalorian was sitting in.

"Let's see. Sorgen. Looks like there's no starport, no industrial centers, no population density. Real backwater skug hole," The Mandalorian said looking at his radar.

"Which means it's perfect for us." He said turn his head up to look at me.

"You ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat?" I heard him say to the child in his arms.

I quickly raised my hand and swatted at his helmet causing his head to slightly move.

"Don't call him that bucket head."

In no time we made it to Sorgen. There were beautiful green forestry all around, every here and there small lakes were present. It reminded me of home. The Mandalorian landed the ship before starting to talk.