XXXI

This was odd. Why would there be stormtroopers still stationed here? That was unless they were protecting or hiding something.

"Whatcha thinking?" I hear Cara ask as she nudged me. "Don't you think it's odd to have stormtroopers stationed at an abandoned base. I mean we took down Moff Gideon, so why would they stay?" Cara's brows creased together in thought about what I said. Before she could reply back to me the door opened allowing us to meet Din. Before him were some stormtroopers lying on the ground.

"Empty base, huh?" He said towards Greef and Cara. The three of them walked out first, causing me to linger behind. Din walked up to me, seeing that I had yet walked out the elevator. I was in too much of a deep thought, none of this made sense. "You okay?" I heard Din asked causing me to focus on him and step out of the elevator, beside him.

"Yeah, I think?" I said looking around as Cara looked over the edge of the cliff. "Something doesn't feel right." I said looking around the base.

"No kidding." Din halfway joked probably trying to calm my nerves. "No," I said as I paced ahead of him. "I have bad feeling about this place. I don't know, the air just feels heavy."

"Heavy of what?"

I shook my head not answering Din, trying to figure out how I was feeling in words. But I knew what it was. It was the weight of death. "The reactor should be set in the heat shaft. If we drain the cooling lines, this whole base will go up in a matter of minutes." Greef said towards the group.

"Let's just get this over with." I muttered crossing my arms over my chest.

"Look. It's a mint Trexler Marauder." Mythrol said pointing to the metal large compartment in front of us.

"A what?"

"You know how much we can get a lot for this on the black market." Mythrol continued excitedly.

"And it's gonna get vaporized like the rest of this base. Now, let's go." Din said now next to me. I heard the footsteps of the group leave as I turned to look at the volcanic scenery that expanded over the cliff. Something about this scenery was oddly familiar. Not the base or Nevarro itself but the lava follow. I closed my eyes letting out a shaky breath only to open my eyes to a new scenery. It was darker than it was before, the only light that was near was from the lava flow coming from the lava river in front of me. I kneel down touching small pieces of lava rock below my feet. I wasn't on Nevarro anymore.

"I hate you!" I heard the man scream in agony. I looked around startled by the voice only to see nobody.

"You were my brother, Anakin. I love you." I heard a different voice echo around me. My knees buckled beneath me as their voices danced around me. I raised my hands to my head, covering my ears trying to block out the voice. But it was no use. I gasped as I felt emotions of pain, anger, betrayal, and most of of sadness. I closed my eyes tightly on my verge of tears, "Please stop." I whispered. As if my call was answered the voices diminished and I was alone. I felt cold and for the first time in my life afraid.

"Calyptra." I heard someone call from in front of me but due to me covering my ears it was muffled. I shook my head, afraid to open my eyes. I felt hands come on top of mine, pulling them away from my ears. "Calyptra, it's me. Open your eyes." I breathed out a shaky breath as I heard the voice clearly now. It was Din's voice. "Please." I opened my eyes slowly, looking at the ground first. I was relieved to see the familiar ground of the base. I felt a light touch on my cheek causing me to look up to meet Din's helmet.

"You're okay. I got you." He said as he pulled me in. I closed my eyes once I rested my head against the familiar cooling feel of beskar. I picked up my head upon remembering we weren't the only two people here. "I sent them away." I nodded my head as I rose my head up to look at him. He was looking down at me and in this moment I knew I'd be okay as long as he was with me.