But Magnus could see the glint of surprise that marked his eyes. For Magnus, Alec was visibly hurt, and he didn't know if it was something that others could see, or he was the only one to understand. Since they were close, Magnus did imperceptibly slide the little finger on that of Alec's hand. He felt the surprise that Alec felt with that touch, but still Alec returned it, lightly gripping Magnus's finger with his own.

"I know what you're doing, Kit. You're trying to divert attention to something that doesn't concern you... I did the same thing at your age. But different from you, I had the fact that I understood that older people had more experience than me... you should learn it too". Alec said so calmly, that anyone could believe that he wasn't bursting inside. Magnus squeezed Alec's finger even closer with his, and received a close response, which calmed him. Kit's eyes changed for a few seconds, then returned to watching Alec with the same expression.

"I told you, nothing happened." This time Kit hadn't committed himself to lying well, his voice could capture frustration and anger.

"You know in some ways your character is the same as mine 12 years ago. It can be said that I am still like that, but for a few months..." Alec turned to look at Magnus, and his expression returned to expressing emotions. He was looking at him with a light in his eyes, which made Magnus's heart beat faster.

"... I'm trying to commit myself to being a better person for a person who deserves everything in this world..." Alec said turning back to Kit, whose eyes swayed more and more, trying to indulge in feelings, but it was clear that Kit was struggling not to collapse.

"... I also didn't want to tell what was happening inside me, when, it happened... well you know, you also provoked me on thid..." Alec breathed deeply, and returned again to stare at Kit with an empty expression.

"... but I'm trying to change ... for the first time I really want to do it without anyone imposing it on me. I'm telling you all this to make you understand, that sometimes opening up with someone doesn't hurt". Alec said, and when he saw Kit wanting to start talking right away, he interrupted him by continuing to talk.

"This isn't because I am saying that you have to talk about it. I told you, I'm in your same situation, I can't even talk freely about everything. But if you want to talk to someone we're here." Alec finished, looking at Kit who was staring into his eyes, left speechless by Alec's last sentence. He seemed to be in a fight with himself undecided about what to do, while Alec and Magnus calmly waited for an answer.

"After I attacked you on the first thing that hurts you most, and you didn't react at all, are you still here to offer me your help?". Kit asked, shifting his gaze into the void, and finally showing emotions on his face.

"You know the secret to be a good liar, is to have an anchor to hold on to when a person wants to hurt you. But also being aware, that the only person you can never be a good liar with, is the same person who helps you be a liar". Alec said softly, bringing his hand close to Magnus's, to hold it in his, feeling the warmth of his grip and the strength he gave him. Kit looked between the two boys, loosening their fists and relaxing their shoulders.

"As you know we had decided to take Max to our favorite game room." Kit began to tell by bringing the attention of Alec and Magnus on his self.

"We wanted to entertain him and distract him before bringing him here. Everything was going great as long as I notice that Ty didn't stop staring at a guy, and I start to feel a little bit strange. I don't know what was taking into me". Kit stopped for a few seconds, taking a deep breath. Alec and Magnus looked at each other in disbelief that Kit didn't understand what was that for.

"I tried to pretend nothing happened, but sometimes I glanced at him sideways, and I always found him staring at that guy. I think Max noticed my sudden lack of words, and asked Ty who was the guy he was watching". Kit said, and seized by a moment of frenzy he got up and started walking back and forth in front of Magnus and Alec.