The Froggy Box {One Shot}

Start from the beginning

“Of course you don’t.” I mumbled.

“What was that?”  He asked.

“Nothing.”  I said sighing.

“Whatever.”  I heard him turn and leave.  “Don’t bother me, I’m studying.”  He said going into his room.

What an ass.

I never let it show how hurt I am by his cold behavior, but it’s so hard.

He’s just so…amazing.  Top of his class, talented at all things musical, anything sport wise he’s amazing, and he’s absolutely the handsomest man I’ve ever laid eyes on.  Brown hair that’s not too long, but just long enough to be like an organized bed head.  Beautiful blue eyes that get me every time, and a body to die for.

Of all people I would know because he’s constantly walking around without a shirt and I’ve had many accidental fainting spells.

I feel like such a pathetic child around him. 

I finished my tree and admired my work.  It was so pretty.  I smiled.

“How nice.”  I heard from behind me.  I turned and he had a slight smile playing on his lips.  “I like the lights.”

“I put a lot of work into this little thing.”  I said touching a branch.  “Doesn’t it make everything better?”

“It does, doesn’t it?”

“Well, what do you want?”

“I was in my room and kept hearing you work out here and it was irritating me.  You’re such a klutz.”  He said referring to the fact that I kept dropping things.

“Shut up.  At least I try.  We can’t all be perfect.”  I snapped.

“Perfect you say?” He smirked.

I stopped short.  “That’s not what I meant!  I mean you just make everything look so easy, while the rest of us have to struggle to be good at something.”

He chuckled. “Why are you so flustered?  It’s not as if you’ve been in love with me this whole time right?” He said smirking again and narrowing his eyes at me.

My eyes got wide.  “N-no!  Of course not!”  I said a little too fervently.

“Of course not.”  He repeated, turning with a sarcastic smile and going back into his room.

“Oh gosh.”  I said to myself and collapsed onto the couch.  “Why me?”

This is an interesting development.  Things have been stationary for the past two years and just in one night I think he knows.  Now I’m going to be the freaky little girl with a silly crush on the boy. 

I’m in college for goodness sake, shouldn’t we be leaving all this behind us in high school?

I’ve known that stupid boy since freshman year where he’s always been number one, while I’m…not.

I never really took much notice of him though until my mother told me I’d be living with him and I nearly peed my pants in shock.

Then bit by bit while living with him I just subconsciously began liking him.  That was a year ago and now a year later he’s grown on me even more despite the fact that we don’t talk much.  It’s pathetic I know, but what can I do?  Feelings are feelings.  I can’t just get rid of them.

There’s still two weeks until Christmas, so I have time to do some present shopping for my parents and sister.

I fell asleep on the couch though and woke up to the light streaming through the curtains.