The Froggy Box {One Shot}

**Just a fun little thing I decided to write.  I haven't done a one shot in a while, so I finally decided to do one. =)  Hope you enjoy it.**

Two years.  Two years I’ve been living with Walter Moore.  The bastard…

He’s in his second year of college and he’s studying to become a doctor, while me, being the idiot I am, am just trying to survive in my classes, while juggling a job. 

Walter has money coming out of his ears, and pays the expenses of the apartment, but if I ever want anything, I have to buy it myself and under no circumstances will he lend me money.  He irritates me.

You’re probably wondering why I’m living with him.

Well, that’s mostly under my mother’s request.  You see the apartment I wanted was kind of in a bad area of town and she was afraid because I’m just this little senior about to graduate high school.  The reason I needed to move out was because she got remarried and I was eighteen, she got pregnant, yadda…yadda…yadda.  I was in the way.

Well, she’s really good friends with the Moores who love her to death and she knew that they had a son my age.  She quickly got his mom in on it and they were so excited for their idea and they’re determined to make us marry each other, so they made all the arrangements for us to live together.  Great mothers right?

Well the Moores are filthy stinking rich.  His father is this big time CEO of a huge company.

Well, it was a little awkward when we first started living together.  I’m not exactly used to living with a guy, but after a while we got the hang of it, and thoroughly avoided each other every step of the way.

Now it’s mid December, and I decided to do something a little different this year.  I set up a small Christmas Tree in the living room of the two bedroom apartment.

It was actually pretty roomy,  with a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living room and two bedrooms.

But we’ve never exchanged gifts and I’ve never set up a tree.  We both usually go over to our parents’ houses then later that day we end up at his parents’ house where our moms are shoving us together.

I thought though that it would be nice to have a little something to lighten the mood in the drab house though.

I put the little star on the top of the tree when I felt someone looking.

“Amlee, what are you doing?”  Walter asked from behind me.  This was the first time we’ve talking in I think two or three weeks.  Last time I bumped into him by accident and apologized.  That’s the gist of our relationship.

“What does it look like?  I’m decorating a tree.”  I snapped. 

“You’ve never done that before.  Plus we don’t stay here for Christmas.”

“I know that, but I just thought it would be nice to have something to brighten up the room.  It’s so dark in this damn place.”  I said still not facing him.  I had a light blush on my cheeks. 

I may have forgotten to mention something crucial…I’m madly in love with Walter.  He doesn’t know, and probably never will.

I don’t even know why I like him.  He’s so cold and mean.  I just act indifferent to him to cover my feelings.

“You paid for it right?”

“Of course.”

“Then whatever.  I don’t care.”