My jaw hardened as my eyes moved back to the TV screen, watching the flames devour the building. If they had time to watch it happen, then they had time to do something about it, no matter what their excuse for sitting around and doing nothing was. People were going to die if someone didn't do something. And it looked like today it would be me. 

I announced, "I'm going to go to my room and do some homework."

Clint looked at me. "Okay. You can bring the homework here if you'd like and work on the table over there."

My mind scrambled to come up with a believable lie. "Actually, I work better without distractions."

"You sure? We can be quiet," Bruce said, glancing up from his book. 

My eyes flickered to the TV where the flames continued to destroy the building. I had to go there. Now. Before it's too late. "I'm going to take a shower as well, so I might as well stay down there."

Clint shrugged, giving up. "Okay. We'll call you for dinner."

"Ok, thanks." I nodded and walked to the elevator, making sure I didn't seem hurried or anything. I could feel Natasha's eyes on my back. 

The elevator doors opened, and I saw Tony standing in it. 

"Hi Peter, where are you going?" he asked as I smiled in greeting at him and joined him in the elevator.

I lied, pressing the button that would take the elevator to the floor my room was on. "To my room to do some homework."

"Need any help with anything?" He stayed with me as the elevator dropped down. 

"Thank you, but I'll be fine." The doors opened, and I stepped out. 

His face was different than usual. He looked like he was in deep thought. "Alright. Take care of yourself."

"Will do."

His focus recentered on me, and he smiled, replacing the thoughtful look. "See you later, Pete." The doors closed, and I ran. 

"Friday, call Ned!" I yelled as I slid to a stop in front of my room. 

"Calling Ned," she responded. 

Ned answered at the first ring. "What's up?"

"You know when I told you I needed a plan if I ever had to get out of Stark Tower without the others knowing?"

"Yeah, I could only get the more basic sketch of the architecture of the floor you are on because it was heavily protected. I had to break through so many firewalls you have no idea. I mean, I lost count how many-"

"Ned! Explain the background to me later. There's a building on fire, and people are stuck in there! I need to get out of here and fast," I said as I put on the Spider-man 'suit'. There was no camera in the room, so I didn't have to worry about that. 

Ned voice quickened as he explained the situation to me. "Okay, okay. Yeah. So all of the windows are bulletproof and sound an alarm that cannot be overridden if broken, so you're going to have to get to either where the landing area is for any helicopters and other air transportation or the roof. I can take care of making you invisible to the cameras by replaying-"

I finished dressing. "Okay, got it! Let's take the roof option. I'm going out of the room now."

"Alright. You're good to go. Take the emergency stairs when you head up."

"Thanks, Ned." I ran to the stairs and quickly climbed them up. While sprinting, I put in the earpiece he gave me. Ned also told me that he would erase this from Friday's memory and that she would be programmed to respond that I am in my room doing homework if anyone asks for my location and to tell them not to disturb me.