Seize the day

The sky was blue, birds were chirping. The sun was soaking into my clothes, making the fabric warm on my skin. It was nice, kind of blissful, even.

I was sitting next to Eddie, taking a drag from my cigarette, sitting on some concrete block we found at the quarry.

Eddie was silent, had been since we got here. I figured something happened with his mom, and didn't want to push it, that was, until he spoke up.

"Hey , rich," he spoke, the words lipping past his plump lips. I took notice of how his freckles looked in the lighting. Saturated and warm. Cute.

I inhaled more smoke from my cigarette, holding it for a second, then exhaling.

"Eds," I replied, letting him know I was listening to whatever this boy was about to say. Something stupid probably. But I wouldn't mind, because every stupid little thing he says makes me giddy inside, turning my cheeks a bright shade of red. It was a bitch to hide, though.

"Do you ever think how this all will end, one day?" He ask, picking at the skin around his thumb nail. He does that when he's nervous. He's always nervous now, though. What can I say? Killing a demon-fucking-clown does that to you.

"How what will end, spaghetti?" I asked, flicking the tip of my cigarette, letting bits and pieces fall to the ground.

"Like, life. One day I won't get to see you -" he stopped, looking at me, and turning red, "o-or any of the losers, anymore." He spoke, and began chewing on his bottom lip, peeling skin away. I turned my head. This was serious, not just normal Eddie jitters.

"Eds, why do you have to go and think of a thing like that?" I said, he looked up at me through his eyelashes. "Plus, I'm not going nowhere, who do ya' thinks' gonna' haunt your cute ass." I said, shoving his shoulder lightly. But he didn't retaliate with something hateful back. No, all he did was blush, and look down.

"I mean, like, what if I never get to do what I want to do, you know?" He said, a tone in his voice I wasn't quite sure I'd heard before.

The water of the quarry splashed beneath us. I flicked some hair out of my face.

"Well, you should do it, Eds." I said, in the most obvious voice. Mainly to tick him off. He inhaled. Okay bad timing.

"I don't know rich," he said, looking away for a moment," I think people should seize the day. Except not the day, but like life. They should always do what they want to, and not hold back," he said, and looked over to me ,"on anything," he said.

And maybe I was taking this wrong, maybe the way the sun shined down on his nose creating a tiny highlight, wasn't meant to be as beautiful as it was. Maybe the way he was looking at me wasn't supposed to be as adorable as it was. And maybe his lips weren't supposed to be so god damn pink. But I took it as it was.

I slipped my cigarette out of my mouth, throwing it to the ground, and crushing it with my shoe. Then I grabbed his chin with my finger and thumb. God Eds if this wasn't what you meant, I sure hope this doesn't fuck with anything. And then I leant in and connected our lips.

It was brief, as he didn't move his lips at all. I pulled back, and my eyes were wide.

The sun was now beating down on me, causing sweat to drip down from my temple, past my cheek. Or maybe it was my anxiety. Richie tozier? Anxious? Hah, never.

I licked over my lips, tasting the blue-raspberry popsicle he had.

"Look- I- I'm sorr-" I spoke, but before I could get the sentence out, his two fists picked up my shirt and pulled me towards him, connecting our lips again.

I gasped, but instantly melted into it. I kissed back, titling my head and slipping my hands up to his brown fluffy hair, pulling on it. He whined, letting me slip my tongue into his mouth.

He slipped his hands around my neck, and we kissed deeper. His lips were so soft, and wet. The taste of blue-raspberry re-appeared onto my taste buds, making me not want to ever pull away.

I'm doing it. I'm kissing Eddie, Eds, my spaghetti.

Soon though, he pulled back. The blush that was on his face was very prominent. I smiled. I made that happen.

"I've always-" he spoke, before cutting it off with a quick few pants, catching his breath," I've always wanted to do that," he said.

I couldn't help but let the biggest shit-eating grin erupt onto my face.

"Me too spaghetti," I said, pecking him on the lips once more ,"me too,".

Hi this is my first reddie one shot, should I write more 😳