soixante-six

abby watches noen as he lays on the bed, blankets on top of him, he rests one arm behind his head while his other arm holds his phone as he stares at the bright screen. 

"what are you doing?" she asks while she lays beside him.

noen doesn't answer but he slightly shows abby his phone screen. noen was scrolling through his snap memories.

the ones that contained pictures and videos of him and chase, to be more precise. 

abby smiles softly him. "you should try talking to him," she says.

noen turns to her, his eyebrows furrowed. "huh? are you okay?"

abby rolls her eyes, "yes dummy, i'm just saying,"

"you literally said yesterday that if he tried talking to me again you would kill him," noen says and returns the attention to his phone.

she chuckles in response. "well yeah but i've been thinking about it...do you love him?" abby asks boldly, she sees noen swallow.

noen shrugs "maybe, i think so," he tries to play it off casually. 

"then don't you wanna fight for him?" she asks carefully, not wanting to scare noen away with all of these questions. 

"i don't wanna fight for someone who isn't fighting for me," he says straight to the point. his stomach turns and his heart shrinks as he lets the words out.

"but what if he is though? as long as i know you told me he tried talking to you but you wouldn't listen, right?" abby tells him.

noen bites his lip just slightly. "mmh,"

"well then, maybe try and listen to what he has to say, give him another chance," abby clasps her hands together.

noen lets his lip go and shakes his head. "why are you suddenly telling me all of this?" 

she shrugs. "i don't know... i just feel bad for him you know? like he's probably new to these types of feelings towards a boy, you've known since forever noen," now it's her turn to bite her lip.

the realization hits her, she just said that to help chase but she never really thought of it that way, finding out you aren't what everyone wants you to be must be overwhelming. maybe it doesn't justify his actions, but it does makes a little bit more sense.

"yeah i guess you have a point, but what if i can't forgive him? what if he breaks my heart for real this time?" noen raises his head, staring at abby. 

"we gotta risk a little to live, but it's totally up to you. if you feel like it won't work out and it's not worth trying then don't do it," she stares back at him. "just...follow your heart?" abby smiles.

noen chuckles "what's with you and all this cheesiness?" noen says, breaking the tension. 

abby smacks him in the stomach "oh shut up i'm trying to be a good friend here!" she says between giggles. 

he laughs harder.

"alright alright," noen raises both of his hands in surrender. "i'll think about it," he reassures her.

"great," she stands from the bed. "so do you wanna go get dinner?"

"i'm not really in the mood for going out" he gestures to his phone, a video of chase grabbing noen's face and pecking his cheek being displayed on the screen. 

abby nods slowly. "uh, of course, we can just order something,"

"yeah, that would be great," noen answers with a smile. abby nods one more time and grabs her phone, ordering something for both of them.

***

a/n

what do you think chase and abby are planning to do?