58. Chanyeol

"(Y/n), welcome back! Looking well as always, I see." One of your male classmates said, handing you a rose. You smiled and thanked him. "I'm glad you're back!" Another said, handing you a teddy bear. "We're so happy you're feeling better, unnie!" Two underclass girls handed you a card and balloon. Why are you getting all of this special treatment you ask? Being the most popular girl in school should answer it. You had been gone for a week from school because of the flu, and you're just getting back. Walking through the halls to your locker, you were handed more gifts and welcomes. What makes you so popular? You didn't beat and bully your way to the top like most people, you earned your popularity. Student council president, community service worker, active participant in school activities, not to mention you're really smart and nice. People just love you. Many guys have confessed to you, but you turned them all down because you had your eyes on someone else: Park Chanyeol. He doesn't seem to take much interest in you though. Class was starting and you took your seat across the room from Chanyeol. You stole glances at him throughout the hour, wishing that he would look back at you. Little did you know, he would look back at you when you weren't looking. At lunch, you walked to your table where your friends were sitting and saw Chanyeol and his friends at a table nearby. "Hey, Chanyeol." You said as you passed by. He looked up and smiled. "Hey, (y/n)." His friends nudged him, obviously jealous of their friends attention from you. You sat down with your friends and they all gave you looks. "What?" You asked. They just looked at Chanyeol then back at you. "What?!" You asked again. "You like Chanyeol." Your friend, Eunji, said. "So?" You asked, sheepishly. She gasped. "You do? I was only kidding!" Your face turned red. "Yah!" "(Y/n), he's looking, he's looking at you!" She whispered. You turned your head. "Don't look!" She vigorously smacked your arm. "He's into you." Your friend, Sohee, said. "You think so?" They nodded. After school, you collected your things and walked out of the school and saw Chanyeol walking ahead of you. 'Should I tell him?' You thought. "Chanyeol!" You called. You instantly cursed whatever possessed you to do that. He turned around and saw you and smiled. You smiled back and walked towards him. "Hey, (y/n)." "Hey. What's up?" You cleared your throat. "Actually, I wanted to tell you something." "Sure, what is it?" Some people started to watch you. "Wha, I've never seen her face so red before." You head someone say. You bit your lip and furrowed your eyebrows. "Chanyeol, I, uh, I really like you." You said, looking down. People around you were murmuring and you felt a finger under your chin, pulling your head up. Chanyeol smiled which made your heart skip a beat. "Why are you confessing to me? He asked. You looked confused. "What?" You asked. He patted your head. "Silly girl. The guy is supposed to confess to the girl." He said. "Huh?" He leaned down to your level. "I like you too." You blinked a few times. "R-really?" He just smiled and cupped your cheeks. Some people started gasping. Then, he kissed your forehead. "Omo!" "Are they dating?!" "I wish I was Chanyeol!" "They're so cute!" "He's so lucky!" "Are you doing anything later?" Chanyeol asked. You shook your head. "Good, I'm taking you on a date." He put his arm around you and started walking. Now, you were thanking whatever possessed you to call his name.