3) Lan Clan of Gusu's 3000 Rules

Start from the beginning

Xiao Ying tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Master Lan, is he in trouble? Why is he kneeling in front of that house?"

"That is a story for a different time. Let's go meet your senior brother. Xichen, it looks like Wangji has fallen asleep, gently wake him up."

Xichen walked over to Wangji and shook his shoulder, "Wangji, Wangji. Uncle is home, he brought junior sister home."

But the little boy was in such deep sleep he didn't hear the older. Xichen decided it was best he took him back to his room, so he picked up the boy and put him on his back.

"Uncle, it seems Wangji is very tired and in a very deep sleep. I'm going to take him to his room, he'll have to meet junior sister tomorrow."

Lan Qiren simply gave his older nephew a nod and watched as the two disappeared from the area heading to Wangji's room.

"Xiao Ying let's take you to your new room."

Lan Qiren took Xiao Ying into a large room, consisting of a large bed in the middle and a crib to the right side of the room with a blue crane mobile hanging above it.

"Your mother made it. She was so excited for you to see it and play with it. She believed that people should be able to soar and live beautifully like a crane. When your parents found out they had you, they were thrilled. Your mother would color coordinate the shades of blue, fold multiple cranes until she found one she thought was perfect enough to be hung up, and would talk to you who was in her belly. But, things in life happened, and we all lost you, and them. She would love to see you now, a beautiful little girl who has grown to have such good manners and cares so much for others. This room has been unoccupied since then, I didn't have the heart to let other disciples take over the room, it has been untouched until now. I always had hoped I would find you, and you would come home. You would see where your parents lived and grew up. Go on dear, look around the room."

Xiao Ying walked around and looked at everything, it ranged from her mother's old cosmetics to scrolls, and various other things. Xiao Ying walked nack towards the ned and plopped herself onto the edge of the bed.

"Uncle? May I ask you a question? I want to ask a lot actually."

"Of course, what is it?"

"The pendant on my bracelet has a lotus flower on it, was my father from a different sect?"

"Your father was part of the Jiang Clan of Yunmeng. He made the bracelet when he got married to your mother. He gave it to your mother, and she gave it to you before they hid you and you were found by Baoshan Sanren."