0.6

November 28th, 2018. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Alex sighed, taking a seat in the business class cabin Toro Rosso had bought him. It was confirmed now, that he'd be driving in Formula One, something that was merely a pipe dream months before. It was an opportunity of a lifetime, ever since he was a young boy he'd dreamt of being on the f1 grid, stepping into a championship winning car to potentially race for victory. Though Toro Rosso weren't exactly world beaters, only one podium to their name, Alex knew they'd be his perfect start, and if he performed well enough, he'd maybe get the opportunity to drive for Red Bull, the senior team - and at that stage, world championships would be possible. But that was 2021 onwards, first he needed to focus on 2019, and his f1 debut.

He thought back to the lie he'd constructed over time with Danièle whilst he was in f2, and guilt washed over him at the thought of what he'd been doing. It wasn't ever meant to be serious, he wasn't even meant to make f1, and all this slowly would've faded away with time. But now, he was in f1, and he'd become too attached to a girl who didn't even know the real version of him. He wished he could just come clean about everything but he didn't know where to start, too much having been said over the course of the last 6 months. Whatever he did confess to would break her heart though, and he couldn't do that, so it only left one other choice, to keep the lie going until the time felt right to confess.

He drafted one final email to her, to update the position they were in. She knew of the f1 news, however she didn't know about what "Alex the engineer" would be doing, plans having yet been determined. He planned to tell her on the last minute f1 transfer to some minor travelling engineering position - he doubted she'd know enough to detect the lie anyway. It had got so messy between them anyway, despite him knowing she deserved the world.

---

From: aaansusinha46@gmail.com

To: daniberton@gmail.com

Subject: My 2019 plans

Heya Dani,

So, I've been so quiet recently, and I'm sorry about that. I'm sure you've seen the news about Alex, I'm so thrilled for him, I knew he deserved it, and I'm thankful Toro Rosso gave him that chance. It does mean my 2019 job will be changing. I'm taking a trainee role with Toro Rosso in the engineering department, so I'll be travelling to all the races! I can't wait, but I know the hours will be wrong, which I'm not looking forward to too much! But that's racing isn't it, sometimes you have to make sacrifices to achieve your dreams, right??

About you and your Renault role, what's happening with that again? Didn't you say they were going to consult you about a potential promotion? I'd love to know if you've anything about this yet, I hope it's good news either way.

Remember, I'm always an email away if you need someone.

Alex xx.

---

He hit send right as the safety briefing started on the Emirates flight, and he swiftly clicked his phone to aeroplane mode, ready for the 7 hour flight home. He hoped in a way that Danièle wouldn't respond, but sadly, luck wasn't on his side for once.

In Paris, Danièle was interrupted by the notification, smiling as she saw the familiar email address pop up. She'd come to love the emails from Alex, even though she barely knew much about him. She figured from the email address that his surname was Ansusinha, something which she put down to his Thai heritage. A couple of times, some of the storylines coming from Alex were very similar to those of which the f2 turned fe turned f1 driver Alex Albon followed, but she actually doubted she'd have the capability to be talking to someone like him. Besides, he'd have seen her name tag and recognised her in the Renault reception when attending the Formula E meeting, so it was likely just a strange coincidence of there really being 2 Alex's, one the driver and one the engineer.

She opened the phone to read over the message, smiling about the care he put into every word. Her heart skipped a beat slightly as she saw the added kisses, knowing that she'd fallen too hard at this point to deny the feelings for Alex. She knew her opportunity to meet him would be coming closer though, due to her new promotion within Renault, which she'd yet to tell him about.

---

From: daniberton@gmail.com

To: aaansusinha46@gmail.com

Subject: Re: My 2019 plans

Hey Alex!

Well, Renault gave me a promotion given my love for f1 and prior qualifications! They've had a new opening in the f1 hospitality team, and my boss put me forward for the position, which they hired me for. It means I'll also be travelling the world with f1, isn't that exciting! Both of us doing something we love, couldn't get any better?

Hey, if you're up for it, we could maybe meet up one time? It's totally up to you, and if your schedule's totally busy, I understand, it's just now we'll be in the cities at the same time, so we may as well try fill the evenings, don't you think?

Let me know what's okay please??

-Dani x

---

She hit send on the message before she could back out, hoping that some day, Alex would be closer to her, instead of just the distant stranger that she currently knew. A name without a face, that's all he was at the moment.

---

Hey guys! Message In A Bottle is finally back after being away for so long! Uni's been a total arse, which is why I've not posted in an aaaage, but fear not, I'm back! Also, I've had to sort some stuff out with official f1 pr, because thanks to my blogging I've won paddock passes for me & a guest to a gp weekend of my choice, so I've had to organise the details with f1pr so me & dad can do Monza! (it's all sorted now, yay!)

So, things are finally coming a bit closer together now, Danièle's got a promotion to Renault F1 and Alex's in Toro Rosso... but the truth still remains to be seen from his side. When's Alex going to confess the multitude of lies he constructed, and how's Danièle going to react to it all... well that's coming up later in the story if you stay around and read on that far ;)

Anyways, glad you guys are still reading, and if you're liking it, make sure to vote & comment to show me some of your love :)

-Zoë