0.2

16th June, 2018. Paris, France.

The first reaction was shock, she'd never anticipated a response. But she still wanted to give the kind stranger a response, he'd been thoughtful enough to respond anyway. Thinking for a few minutes, Danièle eventually settled on a response, hitting send once she'd checked for any grammatical errors. 

---

From: daniberton@gmail.com

To: aaansusinha46@gmail.com

Subject: Re: message in a bottle

Hello Alex!

A pleasure to meet you! A few years have passed since my first message! I'm now 21, turning 22 in August, and I've recently graduated university, working as a receptionist at Renault for now. I know the team compete in Formula 1 but that's all I really know about racing, and even then I only know this because the dealership I work at have a model car as an exhibition. I forgot to say, I now live in Paris, so my store's on the Champs-Élysées, it's pretty busy and keeps me pretty occupied!

Some of my friends asked if I want to take a spare ticket to the French Grand Prix next weekend, I'm not sure if I should seeing as I don't know much about it, but it is my company's home race so it would be nice to show up for them. Who knows, if I decide to go, maybe I'll see you there, if you're racing on the same weekend?

If you want random facts, I'm a Leo, born August 17. I've got a younger brother, Olivier, but he's at university in London so I don't see him that often. I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, but I do love both! And just to be totally out there with random facts, I once managed to break my arm by falling off my chair in the middle of my university seminar!

Can't wait to hear from you soon Alex!

-Dani.

---

Back on the beach, Alex was surprised to find the messaged answered just 10 minutes later, all 4 of the boys rushing to crowd his phone as he saw the response. He smiled gently as he read over the words, especially liking the fact she might be at the French Grand Prix. Immediately he typed his response back, trying to convince her to come to the race.

---

From: aaansusinha46@gmail.com

To: daniberton@gmail.com

Subject: Re: message in a bottle

Hi Dani (is it okay if I keep calling you that?)

You should totally come along to the Grand Prix! I work for Dams, who're a team in Formula 2, so we'll be racing alongside the f1. You should totally try get into f1 and f2, it's really good racing this year and the drivers are all nice. Personally I'd try supporting Alexander Albon & Nicholas Latifi in Formula 2, but I'm only saying this because they're my team's drivers! Formula 1, try Renault, they're having a great season, Nico Hulkenberg & Carlos Sainz are a really good duo! And you work for the company, you can't not cheer the guys in yellow! 

Formula 1 put their race highlights on youtube, so if you want to see a bit of action beforehand, go there, and if you want to see a bit of Formula 2, their facebook page has their content. If you want to know anything else, I'm always an email away, just remember that.

By the way, you seem really nice, so maybe I'll see you around, who knows?

-Alex :)

---

"Smooth one Alex, smooth one!" George teased him as he read over his friend's reply, Alex's cheeks glowing a little pink as he tried to swat the Brit away from his phone.

"Whatever." Alex just dismissed him before hitting send, hoping she wouldn't be completely put off by the forwardness in the message.

~~

I'm baaaaaack!! New chapter alert, and this time the plot thickens a bit for Danièle & Alex (Danièlex, Dànilex, Dalex??? Pls assist in choosing the ship name). Can't wait to take this story a little further, and progress the plot some more!

What do you guys make of this so far? Do you like it? Are there things you want to see more/less of? Please let me know so I can take this on board :)

-Zoë