"Sorry for avoiding you" he leaned closer.

I got frozen, rooted on the ground like a statue.

"Sorry for being rude, everytime you had approached me" I couldn't help but stared at his face.

"Sorry for not responding to your feelings" his hands release my face and held my shoulder, I already missing his warmth.
I swallowed, not a second my eyes left him. I had almost forgotten to blink.

"Sorry for hurting you. Not just once but innumerable times knowing and unknowingly" his right hand caress my cheeks whipping my tears, another one was still on my shoulder. I didn't know when my tears started flowing down my cheeks, my heart was no more impenetrable.

"Sorry for saying you those heart wrenching words I had said you last day in canteen" and he kept saying.

"Sorry for not appologizing you , instead neglecting you" I signed deeply, opened my mouth. But he shushed me, rested his forehead on mine and we both closed our eyes. This time a restful sigh left us together.

"I always liked you, do you know that!" His voice felt surreal to my ears. His eyes reopened, tilted, as I did. His gaze coveted over mine.

"The day I saw you I was confused whether I would approach you to be a friend or not. I didn't know how to do that.
But you know right, Neil Khanna had never been that easy nut to crack. I like to be in my shell, the coating engraved arrogance, uppity, smug or rather distant to people not known much.
It was always been difficult for me to realize how instantly I felt something unusual by your presence around me the day I saw you first.
I was subsequently falling for a girl who I used to be forcefully considered her as an average out of the lot.
But the truth was certain, abundant, that she was extraordinary, in every means.
Perfect to fit in my heart, the girl Neil Khanna had been subconsciously questing for since he never new actually he met his dream girl" his gaze was fervent. His voice deep.

"Yes you are rare. Special. A dream of every man, to meet someone like you" his words made my tears dribble down. Before my heart get exploded beating faster my knees weekend and I fell on the floor kneeling there.

******

Avni fell on her knees covering her face in between her palms. Her shoulder quivered with every deep snivel she took. She felt her body crippled. There wasn't any strength left in her to let a single word, out of her mouth. She collapsed on the floor.

Neil did the same kneeling down in front of her. He hugged her tight, contrite, remorseful. She was still in that position only the difference is her head slightly pressed on Neil's chest.
He stroke his fingers gently over her hair "Will you forgive me!" He beseeched gulping his sobs, rested his cheeks on her forehead.

If you can't forgive, then you have never loved..

Avni

People do experience failure, rejection, refusal in life, more than they might have expected to being in such situations.
Then why I felt so heart broken, so affected, fragile by his words!

It was always been me who had feelings for him. Not him.

He had never showed any interest on me, nor ever acted anything encouraging  that I could have gotten some clue. Never.

It was always me, who fell for him.

He had said those words for me that day, nobody should have said for any person without knowing his or her side of story, that's fact.
But his words weren't so hateful or shattering sculpted to someone's root, that could cause offence, loss of someone's respect or self-esteem.