PTSD

Y/N is a former army veteran, when Jake accidentally triggers her PTSD he must find her before its too late. 

"Heads up ladies and gents, we just arrested our triple murderer." Jake says as he and Boyle walk in with a perp and put him in the holding cell with the others.  

"i knew you could do it!" Y/N beams proudly at her boyfriend

"how are you going to celebrate" Rosa asks as she leans against Jake's desk with her arms folded. 

"oh we have just the thing" Charles says as they pull out those big poppers. It didn't even register to Y/N what was about to happen until she heard a loud bang and suddenly everything came rushing back. Her hands trembled as she brought them up to ears as a desperate attempt to block out the sounds of screaming,  crying and shouting in her head. Her ears started to ring and before she knew it, she was running past her friends and onto the streets of New York.

Tears slid down her face as she weaved her way around the citizens of the city who seemed to be too wrapped up in their own lives to notice the sobbing women running towards them. She kept running and running until she stepped onto the sand. She sat herself underneath a pier at the beach and pulled her knees to her chest, slightly rocking back and forth in an effort to slow her breathing. When that didn't work, she clenched her hands into fists to stop herself from clawing her way into her chest and ripping her heart out.

She flinched when the shrill sound of her phone went off next to her. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and blinked away the tears enough to see Jake's goofy grin. She thought about answering and telling him she was okay and she would come back when she calmed down enough but the very thought of hearing his voice made her heart pound in her chest. 

A few hours passed and her phone was still constantly going off. She really wanted to answer the squad and Jake's calls but her heart was still hammering in her chest and her mouth felt like cotton.

***

Jake paced back and forth anxiously, holding his phone in his trembling hands as he sent out yet another text message. 

 "she's not answering us either" Amy sighs as she puts her phone back on the hook.

"what was I thinking, god if something happens to her its my fault" He says before he walks off to the roof, hoping the fresh air might knock enough sense into him to give him a good idea. His eyes widened when he remembered he knew Y/N's find my phone password so he could see where her phone is.

"Okay, she's at a beach 12 blocks from here" He says before he grabs his jacket and keys and runs to his car. He follows the blue dot on his phone while simultaneously watching the road ahead of him, the last thing he needed was to get in an accident.

 When he arrives at the beach, he jumps out of his car and sprints towards the direction of the dot. His heart pounds against his chest when he finds her phone half submerged in the sand which meant she was still around here. He glanced around until he spotted another pier a few meters away before he sprinted towards it, desperately hoping she was there.

He feels a lump in his throat when he gets to the pier and see's Y/N soaking wet, rocking back and forth with her knees to her chest. He shoves his phone back into his pocket and cautiously walks over to her, placing a gentle hand on her knee. When she doesn't move away from his touch, he sits down next to her and wraps his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into him as a way to keep her safe.

"I'm really sorry, I don't know what I was thinking" He says as tears fill to the brim of his eyes. 

"please don't cry" she whispered and brought a shaky hand up to wipe his tears.

"it wasn't your fault"

"it was, i'm so fucking sorry" He breaths out and wraps his arms around his girlfriend, letting her sob into his shoulder. 

"i'm sorry i didn't answer, i felt like i couldn't breathe" She mumbles into his shirt.

"don't apologise, you're safe now" He whispers against her damp hair and places a gentle kiss on her forehead.