Something To Remember

A/N: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE.

This takes place in Year 1188, Pegasus Moon. At this point, Emperor Edelgard and the one who guided her whom was Byleth had crushed TWSITD and created a new world for Fodlan. Not long after, they got married and they had successfully restored true peace to Fodlan. Edelgard and Byleth were now a married couple whom lived in the Imperial Palace. They loved to sneak out to have dates with one another.

All of the BE students have gone their separate ways living their lives other than Hubert whom still works for Edelgard.

For this Valentine's Day, the two lovers had been planning something for a very long time.

Anyways I hope that explains some things! Before anyone asks though, this is not connected to any of my other Edeleth stories or any of my other stories in general nor will it represent what my other stories will be in the future (unless, you guys want more stories like this lol) and the same goes for the Claudeleth Valentine's Day Special and the Dimileth one. Thank you.

Feel free to leave feedback including critiques but try to stay polite. I'm admittedly a bit worried to publish this so yeah. I apologise for any character that's OOC. Specifically Byleth, she has more emotion here than she does in the game.

Anywho, I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I hope you like this story. It's a bit short though, sorry about that.

Thank you(:

(Also, the brilliant artist of the cover is the tumblr user urania-art-n-stuff and it was edited by the talented user ImberLapis! Please give them both the support they deserve!)

-----

Many years ago, Edelgard never thought much about Valentine's Day.

It was just a holiday where people exchanged corny romantic gifts with their special someones.

But... after she got married, it changed entirely...

"El!"

She woke up after being called and poked continuously by her noisy wife: Byleth.

Edelgard however didn't try to get up. She had a late night from working the previous day.

"Come on El! Don't you know what day it is?"

"Ugh...." Edelgard was annoyed but despite that. she slightly opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry but she could see that Byleth was dressed up surprisingly in all casual and was standing in front of her. Edelgard on the other hand, was just still in some random pyjamas she had with very messy hair and was barely awake.

She snorted and went back to sleep.

However, Byleth had no intentions on giving up.

"Edelgard, it's time to wake uppp, it's a special day today!" Byleth said all excited

Edelgard had still forgotten. "Special days require lots of naps"

Byleth grinned at that statement "Oh? Are you suddenly Linhardt?"

Edelgard shakes her head which made her messy hair go all over the place on her face "No I'm not... I'm just tired..."

"Very strange... he says the same thing."

Edelgard changes the subject "Eugh.. Ok well Byleth... What is so special about this day, that you are waking me up about?"

"Try to guess" Byleth smirked.