The encounter

Michael's POV

The scenery around Hogwarts is beautiful. No matter how many times I've walked the same path it's as beautiful as it was when I was a student.

Maybe I just have a thing for nature. The school's gardens change every year. New flowers, new plants. I've always asked who does them but never gotten a proper answer. McGonagall keeps weird tiny facts to herself just for the simple fact that she finds pleasure in leaving people confused. I don't know when she started doing it but she is a fantastic secret keeper.

It's rather odd honestly. She has changed so much since she became headmistress. Her personality is similar, still very level headed and strong willed, and has a very large attitude. Very smart mouthed. Instead now she speaks her mind on everything, she won't keep her mouth shut especially when she thinks people are playing favorites. When Dumbledore was headmaster she was often quiet and still of course observant but she only ever made her point in comments or looks.

The forest is still off limits. Students sneak in there all of the time, which oftentimes leaves them terrified and hurt. Not smart but they learn eventually.

Suddenly my owl is landing on my arm and holding a letter in his mouth.

_______________________________________
    𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓂 : 𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓂𝒾𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇' 𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝓎
     𝒯𝑜 : 𝑀𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒶𝑒𝓁 𝒮𝒾𝓁𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒

Michael I love you but i will murder you. I just got informed by a newspaper that Draco Malfoy will be teaching at Hogwarts!?

Did you know this? If you knew I will hit you in the face. Me and Ronald will be at the sorting ceremony to visit you and the others.

Respond soon.

Please
___________________________________

I tell Hermione everything. When would I have time to not tell her. She owls me everyday. Every single day, without fail I get an owl from her. I would have told her and she knows it.

I'll send a letter back later. I don't want to go inside just yet.

I'm curious what the first year's are going to be like this year. Last year we had a heavy amount of troublemakers, many many pranks were pulled. I got two pranks pulled on me however professor Trelawney got many, over twenty I believe. She found them hilarious but the school had to issue a warning that they would get months detention.

That didn't stop them.

Students are probably the weirdest part of this job, I love working here and love my students but sometimes they make me question my want to work.

They once took my lesson plan and hid it. I found it in less then two days but it was still upsetting because I was planning on teaching them new material but forgot what order I was planning to teach them.

Students are cut throat sometimes. They don't always see us as people and think we want to make their lives harder. I never want to do that, they come here to learn and I try to make it fun for them, it isn't always the most fun class in the world but I'd like to think I make things more interesting.

Some students love learning here and others don't.

For some students Hogwarts is an escape from their home life. This is where they get to really live and enjoy life.

That's how it was for Draco.

I hate to think about it but I can't help it. The last time I saw him was his trial, where people verified he didn't want to do any of the things he did, that it was his father forcing him. I told them how kind and loving he was. How he helped everyone in the background to make sure he didn't affect his image.

He was let off the hook that day, everyone who  helped him let him go home with his mother that day. God I loved Narcissa. She was always so kind to me. As much as Draco hurt me I knew that he and his mother needed each other, I couldn't be the reason they were separated.

Draco loved it at Hogwarts back then. Each year he would count down the days till he could come back and be away from his father, worrying about his mother more each year. Trying to erase the horrible things his father had said out of his mind. Draco Malfoy was just a kid. Just like I was.

Do I sympathize with and understand him? Yes. Do I forgive him though? No, no I don't.

I was in Love with Draco Malfoy, was. We will teach together and that Is all, no personal connection needed. I'll stick to my normal schedule and I'll be okay. The students are my top priority and they always will be.

Well after Mark. Marks number 1 then my students. Mark is a student I took in while he was in his first year, his parents were abusive and pretty much said he couldn't come back hom because they didn't want him. He came to me for comfort when he got the letter and I decided to take him In, now I have full custody of him. That was 3 years ago. He Is going to be in his forth year and I swear he is good sometimes. Not always but sometimes.

He is a sweet kid and makes everyone laugh but he doesn't always listen. He doesn't really care about punishments but he is a good kid.

I continue walking until I see a familiar blonde, not so familiar but familiar enough to say the least. The blonde doesn't notice me at first but after a few seconds he looks over at me.

At first he looked shocked, very very shocked but he looked nervous. I haven't been this close to him in 17 years. My ex lover and probably least favorite person to exist as of now is standing there.

"Michael" Draco spoke quietly, something I've never seen from him. Draco Malfoy is an outgoing loud person who doesn't know when to be quiet. I'm not sure whether to be disappointed in his quietness.

I frown and stare at him. "Malfoy." I grumble, connecting my hands in front of me.

A small smile appears on his face and his eyes are scanning me, like he is trying to see what has changed. Draco Malfoy now has tattoos. His hair is longer and from what I can see he works out now.

After a few seconds of us both staring I clear my throat and look away from him. "I have to get going. Goodbye Malfoy" I say bowing my head towards him.

I take a few steps past him when he grabs my wrist.. I turn to look at him and he himself looks shocked. He blinks a few times before actually speaking. "Can we.. Talk? It's been a long time and-"

I pull my arm away and shake my head no. I'm not having this conversation with him, not today, not ever.

"Malfoy we will simply teach with each other. The day you left me for dead was the day we could not talk casually. We will be strictly professional. Good day Malfoy"

With that I walk away where I'm most definitely going to write Hermione of all the shittery that has happened today