𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌

Start from the beginning

"I still hate this class." Maya pouted. "You don't know what class this is." Riley told her best friend.

"Come on partner." Jason patted his seat beside him for Vanessa. "Did you just pat the seat like a pet?" Vanessa questioned.

"No, I'm scared now." Jason gulped. "Sam, sit, please."

"Um..." Samantha trailed off looking towards Vanessa who shrugged nodding to her. "Alright." She sat down next to him.

Vanessa sat down next to Farkle who gave her small smile which she returned and Jason sent the same one which she returned as well. Vanessa sat between the two as Samantha sat on Jason's right side.

"Sam, switch, please." Jason whispered to her. "Jace, no, man up." Sam whispered back shaking her head.

"Ladies and gentlemen." Mr. Norton started. "I invite you to join me on a journey of discovery... your midterm experiment."

Everyone groaned aside from Farkle, Jason, and Vanessa.

"Yay." Farkle smiled. "Do I look sleepy to you?" Maya asked Lucas.

"In front of you you will each find a beaker with a clear liquid solution." Mr. Norton continued. "Oh, boy, he's like a sleep machine." Maya complained.

"And next to that... here's where it gets exciting." Mr. Norton smiled. "A mystery marble."

"Good night." Maya announced before falling face forward but Lucas caught her in his hand.

"Right after school precisely at 3:18, one member of each team will drop the marble into the beaker." Mr. Norton explained. "The elements in the marble with break down and turn into sludge, then the other team member will discover what the sludge is and what it'll take to turn that beaker back into clear."

"Who's suppose to do what?" Riley asked the teacher. "Well, that's up to you. You're a team divide the responsibility as you see fit."

"I've been conducting this experiment for thirty five years. I've kept thorough notes." Mr. Norton explained. "Very few have cracked it."

"Well, you can add my name to your notes right now, sir." Farkle smiled confidently. "I hope so Farkle. Let the games begin."

Maya was complaining to Lucas as Zay and Riley discussed about who was going to drop it.

"Alright, Sam." Jason turned to the girl holding the sludge. "You through in the ball and I'll figure out the solution." He gave her the ball.

"I have to throw it in?" Samantha questioned holding the sludge. "Why?"

"Do you want to find the solution?" Jason questioned knowing the answer. "No, but an option would be nice." Samantha mumbled at the end.

"Okay, Nessa." Farkle turned to the girl. "You drop the marble and I'll figure out the sludge and earn us yet another 'A'."

"That's all I'm doing?" Vanessa questioned her whatever they are now. "Well, I am the scientist around here." Farkle responded.

"But what does have to do with-" Vanessa started. "You want that 'A' don't you?" Farkle cut her off with the question.

Vanessa looked at him in questioned before her phone vibrated.

"Sam." Vanessa called her out receiving a nod knowing what she was going to say. "We have to go, Mr. Norton."

"Go ahead, ladies. "Mr. Norton smiled as the girls walked out the classroom.

The two best friends walked out the classroom without saying a word looking at the sludge in their hands in question.