"I heard that story too," you shoot back. "Wasn't me. But if you want to see me like that, Mando, maybe you can try to play your cards right a little later..." you force your mouth to close. Not the most well-thought-out comeback. Nor the kind of thing to say if you want a fellow Hunter's respect. Which you do. It's just that there's something about the Mandalorian that's damned enticing, that makes you wonder if he ever loosens up even a little, lets anyone touch the warm body that's gotta be somewhere underneath all that armor.

"I know a good hotel in the East Quarter," the quarry pipes up before Mando gives you a response, "soft mattresses, and real good soundproofing in the walls. Maybe you two need to work out some of this sexual tension before taking me back to the ship? You can just stick me in another room until you're done."

"Yeah, I'm sure you'd just twiddle your thumbs and wait real nice for us." You stick your blaster into her ribs and prod her to move faster, just for being annoying. "Sweet of you to be so generous, but don't worry. He and I'll have plenty of privacy while you're stashed away in carbonite for the ride to Nevarro."

The Mandalorian's helmet turns toward you sharply.

"What? It's not that I don't trust you, Mando, but I always collect in-person. I'm riding with you."

Mando's ship is a real bare-bones operation; it's not much more than a cargo hold and a cockpit. It's almost enough to make you regret insisting on coming along. You can't find a spot to get comfortable in, and there's nothing to do. Mando's not helping; he's been sitting at the controls of the ship, back perfectly straight, since take-off. The course has already been set; the eerie lines of hyperspace are streaking by, and there's nothing in this cockpit that actually requires his attention unless something goes wrong.

"So... what do you usually do while you're in hyperspace?" you finally ask, slouching against the cockpit wall.

Mando's hands turn palm up. "This."

"You serious?"

He shrugs. "Good time to meditate."

You look out at the rushing stars. "You have got to be kidding me. I'd go completely crazy in about five minutes."

"You probably would," he says. So calm, so matter-of-fact.

You look down at him sharply. He hasn't moved a muscle, though he could be looking at you sideways through his visor and you'd never know. Infuriating. You plop down into the seat behind him. "You don't think I'm capable of being quiet?"

"I've never known you to be."

You flip your hair. "Some of us have a thing called 'people skills.' But it doesn't look like they cover that in Mandalorian school."

Now he turns his face toward yours. "Is that what you think you have."

You nod, stifling the quick words that heat up your tongue so you can prove how quiet you can be.

"I've seen you try to get free drinks from soldiers that haven't had shore leave in months, and still not be able to seal the deal."

Mando? Teasing you? That's new. You scoff at the accusation. "You just left too early. You would have seen where that night went. Try loosening up a little sometimes."

Another silence. Then he swivels away from you, back to his perfect posture. "No thanks."

"What are you jealous?"

The stack of armor in the pilot's seat gives you no reaction at all.

You exhale loudly. "You know, I always thought you must have had some other kind of life to go back to, the way you drop those pucks off with Karga and never stick around." You glance down the ladder at the empty cargo hatch, thinking of the junky little cot you saw crammed into a closet down there. "But you really live like this? Nothing but work for you, huh. Is that what it takes to be the best hunter in the sector?"