One: Another Dream, Another Death

The night was deep and silent. The full moon shone brightly; its light washing over the small town of Turnsville. The moonlight illuminated the woods behind the local university where there was no movement at all; no animals wandering beneath the canopy of trees and no breeze ruffling the leaves. Everything seemed perfectly still until a figure rushed through the bushes, moving swiftly toward the school.

It was a girl. She tore through the woods, her blue eyes wild with panic and full of tears. The white dress she wore was tattered and splattered with red stains from the blood that gushed out of her deep cuts. She looked behind her fearfully like she was being chased by some horrible monster.

It was no other than Michelle Wilrow, the head cheerleader of Stein University. She was easily recognizable with her long blonde hair and gorgeous features. However, her blonde hair was not tied up or styled prettily; it was in disarray and some strands of it was covering her fear-stricken face. Her perfectly tanned arms and legs were slashed and bleeding. The smug smile she always had was replaced with a look of utter panic and desperation.

"You can run, but you can never hide!" A muffled voice yelled. It was that strange familiar voice again.

Michelle hastily dove behind the huge trunk of a tree as she heard the call. She wrapped her arms around her shivering crouched figure as she sobbed silently.

"Oh God, please..." She whispered.

As soon as the prayer escaped her lips, the sound of heavy footsteps echoed around the silent woods. Michelle seemed to hold her breath as she tried to sink deeper into the tree's large roots. Just then, the sound of footsteps faded and everything went still and silent again. Michelle released a sigh of relief.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh--" Michelle's sudden scream was cut off when a gloved hand closed upon her mouth.

"Shhh..." Her captor whispered in her ear.

Michelle's eyes widened in fear as she saw a faint glint near her side. To her horror, the thing was a sharp knife only a few inches from her waist. She looked pleadingly into her captor's hooded face, huge tears streaming from her eyes.

"Nice try," her captor said.

A horrible shrill cry pierced through the eerie silence as the knife was brought down into Michelle's side.

^^^^^

I woke up breathing heavily and drenched in sweat. My black hair covered my distraught face as I sat up straight on my messy bed.

"Constance, it's time for breakfast! Get down here or you'll be late!" I heard my Mom's voice, obviously coming from our kitchen for I could already smell the aroma of bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

"C-- Coming!" I called back.

I wearily stood up from my bed and headed to the bathroom. I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My hands shoved away the hair covering my face and I found myself looking directly into a pair of startled coal-black eyes that were mine; black circles were beneath them, a sign that I didn't have a comfortable night. My mind instantly recalled the horrible nightmare I had...