Oh my god…I just referred to him as my boyfriend.  See!  He's my Dom, big difference.  I slapped my head, "not my boyfriend, not my boyfriend," I muttered several times.

"Benji, are you talking to yourself?"  I looked up and one of my friends, or maybe he was just an acquaintance, well, one of the guys from the dorm was walking by.  I was sitting in the cafeteria at the student center having dinner.  Jamie was going to meet me here, but she never showed and she didn't answer her phone.  I had planned to stop by her dorm on the way home to see if she was okay.  I figured she forgot or ended up having dinner with the friends from her dorm.  I saw a bunch of them on my way to the dining hall and they told me they were ordering pizza and asked if I wanted to come.  At that point I wasn't sure if Jamie was waiting for me so I told them no thanks, but maybe I'd stop by later.  I wasn't really in the mood for pizza and the dining hall had really good chicken burritos.

"Hey Zach…nah, I was just trying to remember the lyrics to this song.  How're you doing?  You finish all your mid-terms?"

 "No, I have one more tomorrow.  I think I'm the only one in the dorm who hasn't finished and all hell is breaking out there.  I'm going to go upstairs and see if there are any quiet study rooms available."

"Good luck dude!" I called as he grabbed a few cans of red bull and headed upstairs.

Since I was finished anyway, I gathered my tray up and brought everything up to the kitchen pass through.  "First I was stood up by my Dom, then by my best friend.  Sigh."  I threw my backpack over my shoulder and slowly ambled in the direction of Jamie's dorm.  I at least wanted to make sure she was okay before I went to go spend the evening playing with my PS3 and trying avoid the party animals on my floor.

When I entered the girls dorm I immediately knew something was up when I heard lots of excited shrieking and girls were running from room to room in different states of dress and undress.  I looked through open doors and saw hair being poofed, make-up being applied and spanx being deployed.

"BENJI!!!!!!!!!!"  Jamie's high pitched screech almost scared the shit out of me and I jumped a good three feet.  I mean, it just wasn't a Jamie sound.  "I'm so glad you're here, I was just trying to call you!"  Jamie was wearing one of the tight black dresses she often wore to the club, her hair was up, and she was teetering on a pair of very high heels that almost made her as tall as me.  "Come on!  Syl is going to do my face!"

"Jamie, what's going on?"

"We're going out!" She exclaimed.

"You're going out with everyone on the floor?" I clarified.

"Yes, no, I mean, we're going out!  As in me, you and the girls on the floor.!"

 "Whoa, whoa….where are we going?"

"To a club!" she announced.

"To..um…'the club'?"

"No silly," she whisper shouted, "I can't take these girls to 'the club', we're going to a regular club and you're coming with us!"

"Since when do you go clubbing with your dorm mates, no offence Syl."

"None taken," the tall, dark skinned beauty replied with a smile.  "We just never knew what a hoot Jamie could be!"  I quickly looked at Jamie.  Were they talking about the right girl?

"Benji, don't look at me that way, I can be lots of fun!  I can be wild and spontaneous just like everyone else, that's why we're going!"

I leaned over close to my friend and whispered in her ear, "is this about that 'boring' comment somebody made?"