''I have a wonderful idea'', the magical, but taunting silence was interrupted by our literature professor, Mr. Bigs.

''Why don't we give Eva a chance?''

All of a sudden, there were many skeptical looks going my way. They all came from my classmates who clearly were not thrilled about the idea as Mr. Bigs was. But there was one look in particular that stood out, and it was, naturally, Danica, the class star and the queen of the male lavatories. She waved her gorgeous cream blonde hair, that I was secretly jealous of, and said:

''I can't see it. I simply can't see it.''

I too had I really hard time seeing it, having in mind I had no clue what they were talking about. But still, I felt offended.

''I think she's a perfect choice! I can't believe I haven't thought of it sooner! Even now, as we speak, she still has her book under the desk and looks sheepishly at me absolutely oblivious to what we're talking about. She's not even trying to hide it! Danica, this is your new Joe!''

Danica muttered something that I couldn't quite grasp. Mr. Bigs was truly right, I had no idea what this was all about and I didn't try to hide it. But now as he's mentioned Joe, in the back of my mind I recalled a little something-something about a school play they were doing based on the novel ''Little women'' penned by Louise May Alcott.

''So, Eva, what do you say", Mr.Bigs asked.

''Can we count on you?''

I honestly have no idea how it came to this. Truth be told, since I first started here, I tried to locate the almost secret society called the drama club and join them. Needless to say, I failed.

Like so many other clubs, the drama club was an invite only and it had little to do with talent, thought that's really not an issue here because even the least talented individual is still talented. They never flopped, they were always brilliant, popular and I wasn't one of them.

And it was very weird because to this very day I cannot say that I've even seen those people, little less talked to them. They were a true mystery. Phantom of the Opera, who? That was their status. Well, minus for Danica. She managed to stick her nose everywhere. First week of the first year she got an invitation to join.

Now, knowing all of this, it's easy to conclude that, what was going on now, was of biblical proportions. One professor has just shaken the very core of the school's club system built by the biggest snobs of all time.

Just like that.

And before I knew it, clearly moved by such rebellious actions of Mr.Bigs, I caught myself nodding. I actually nodded in answer to his question!

I'm pretty sure that means I agreed.

Danica was not happy.

And neither will Emma be when she finds out that, due to a little scandal involving the loo and small amounts of fresh marijuana, she's just been replaced in the play. To make matters worse, it happened two weeks before the international drama competition that's going to be held in Croatia.

...

Truth be told, I wasn't happy either, having in mind that I had two weeks to prepare for what the rest of the crew had a couple of months. It took me only a few seconds after nodding my head to regret it. It only grew greater with the time I spent talking to people that I only used to see round the hallways. It felt like I was amongst celebrities, not high school students.

The worst part of it was that they already knew everything about the play, they exchanged ideas quickly, understood each other without saying a word, they laughed to, by now, well established inner jokes, they took selfies and spent minutes choosing filters...