Chapter 4 In Love

Marinette is sad and thinks, I love you, Adrien!   She sighs. She believes he could never love her.  She thinks, he gave her the kiss out of pity.

                                 Adrien thinks, she left because she does not love him.  He says, "Why?  Why do not you love me?"

                                 Adrien pullls out his journal and writes this entry:

                                         Dear Journal,

                                         Today, I asked her out and she turned me away.

                                          I should have known she does not love me.

                                           I should have known she sees me as  a good friend to talk too and nothing more.

                                            I love her!  I do not know why, but I do.

                                             I tried to tell her, but she just left.  I kissed her and she did not return the kiss.

                                               She seemed upset when she left.

                                           Is it me?  Does she love someone else and does not want to hurt my feelings?

                                           -Adrien Agreste

                                             The next day, Adrien leaves his window closed.  Marinette shows up, taps on the window, and says, "Adrien, let me inside."

                                                 Adrien opens the window, and scowls, "Oh, and why should I?"

                                              "You want nothing to do with me, so just go away!" Adrien retorts.

                                               Marinette jumps into the room before he can close the window back,  "I am sorry, I..."  Marinette says.

                                                  "What is it now?" Adrien asks angrily.  He turns away from her and says sadly,  "Look you broke my heart."

                                            "Adrien, I am sorry, " Marinette says. She sees him turn to face her, and kisses him. She hears him sigh as he returns the kiss.

                                                Marinette pulls away, and Adrien looks at her in confusion.  "Wh-what was that for?"  Adrien asks.

                                                     Marinette laughs.  "Silly, boy it means I  love you!" She says.  "At first, I was afraid to admit because I thought you could not love me," She explains.

                                                 "You love me?" Adrien asks. He blushes as he stares at her feeling confused.

                                                 "I love you too,"  Adrien tells her. Then, he kisses her again.