chapter 11

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

The next day Yeona found herself waking up wide-eyed, panting as she tried to catch her breath, her hair was messy from tossing and turning in her sleep. Ever since last night when Narin was killed, she was feeling very unsettled and yet guilty. Though it was not the flashback of Narin's screams made her wake up, it was the weird dream she had; she dreamt of Narin.

"Yeona? Are you okay?" Ayano asked tiredly, being awaken by Yeona's heavy breathing. Yeona hummed in reply to say yes. She stared up at the ceiling, trying to calm her thoughts down as she tried to recall her dream of Narin. In her dream, everything was white but Narin's tall figure stood out which made her run towards her. She remembered herself crying at the sight of the older girl, in her dream clad in white, almost looking like an angel which definitely explains why there were dried tears on her cheeks. She also remembered Narin smiling warmly at her and patting her head, on the verge of crying like she was at the sight of the dead girl and Narin said this, 'Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault. Whatever you do, live.' Yeona nodded, already starting to cry and hugged Narin, strange, she could literally feel like she actually hugged someone which is impossible since everyone has their own separate beds. When Narin hugged her back, that was when Yeona felt like she was fading and woke up.

"I dreamt of Narin." Yeona said, not exactly specifically talking to anyone. As expected, no one replied and there were only peaceful snores from the three girls. She said and tried going back to sleep again.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

In the morning, Yeona decided not to tell them about her dream, they would start bombarding her with questions which seriously is a pain to her. The others noticed something off with her judging by how quiet she was, especially during breakfast but decided not to question since they assumed that she was just sad because of Narin's death.

Sooyoung and Chanmi both finished earlier than the other two and went out of the room they were provided as an accommodation by the kidnapper who reassured them that he would not kill any of them so soon which of course none of them believed and so were still cautious about. Once Sooyoung and Chanmi were out of the door, Chanmi literally pinned the younger girl to the door. "Are you serious? Why did you want to sacrifice yourself last night?" She hissed, angry tears starting to well up in her eyes. "It's just, I feel like everything's my fault." Sooyoung confessed, sighing slightly. Chanmi visibly soften and pulled her into a hug. "Aww baby, it's not your fault." Chanmi reassured, patting her back comfortingly. Sooyoung started sniffing as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Soo, look at me." At that she did, hastily trying to wipe her tears away. "It's not your fault, this is all of that psycho's work. Don't blame yourself okay?" Chanmi said, smiling slightly to comfort her. Sooyoung didn't reply, if anything she just looked down.

"You still have me, god, what can I do to make you not cry?" She muttered under her breath before tipping Sooyoung's chin slightly so that she would be looking at her and quickly placed her lips on hers. Sooyoung's eyes widened, obviously not expecting the sudden gesture but kissed back anyways, her hand travelling up Chanmi's arms up to her shoulders then to sling them around her neck as she pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. After what felt like less than a minute they both pulled away, Sooyoung's face was bright red, her eyes darting towards the floor. "So Shin Sooyoung, will you be my girlfriend?" Chanmi asked, her tone was rather soft but yet cautious as she was afraid the younger would reject her. Sooyoung's head immediately shoot up at the offer and nodded frantically with a huge dorky grin as she pulled Chanmi into another kiss.

What they don't know was Yeona secretly spying on them, her expression completely unreadable as she witnessed the scene.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █