Chapter Three - Edited

Chapter Three

"Did you hear about Lord Keetin?"

This was the point of interest of late, at least, that was Rosa's opinion, since she arrived 4 days ago, it had been all she had been hearing about on her outings to the local village from her isolated bunker. It appears to her that this famous 'Lord Keetin' was somebody in power and apparently, he had some sort of nervous break down round about the same time that she herself entered this dimension, it was meant to be some of the most interesting news that this little village heard about, even with it's isolationism from everything else. 

Since she had arrived, she had not really had chance to do any scoping, what with having to budget the little money that was in the bunker and buy bottled water to help keep her alive for the time she was stuck in her own personal hell. To her, this was worse than not being able to talk because only the lord knows how much she enjoys talking to the few people she can actually trust with her secrets, which, naturally, isn't that many. 

"Yes, can I have 12 bottled water, 2 oranges and 5 lemons please?"

Some people would consider this to be a weird order, but, for the trader it was one of the more normal orders he had recieved today with it being the Blood Moon ceremony. 

It was no ordinary ceremony, it was the one that was solely celebrated by the BloodLuste Pack and their allies which, considering the animosity and violence of the pack, was plenty. Rosa wasn't aware that this day was one of the most dangerous for young women who had no protections against the hundreds of sexually aggravated males who were on the lose on this day with no restraints. 

"Of course young one, may I be as bold as to ask how you're going to be protecting yourself this day?"

Of course, Rosa had no idea what the trader was talking about, nor did she really want to engage in more conversation than was really necessary, but, with her not being used to this environment she needed as much information as she could gather without having to summon another portal to collect her books on the beasts. 

"Protect myself, from what?" Rosa asked, with curiosity lacing her every word. Not only was it crucial that she find out, but it was essential for her grand plan to get back at them all at once. 

"Oh sweetheart, today is the Blood Moon Ceremony, it isn't safe for beautiful young ladies like you to be out wihtout an escort, there is no telling what could happen to you, even in the open. We in this village are isolated for a reason, we aren't strong, we couldn't protect you even if our lives depended on it, seeing as though we are all humans and former slaves. Your secret is safe with us Huntress, you are our salvation and only hope."

She didn't believe it was possible to be any more shocked than she had been at that moment, but, then again, she didn't really beleive that it would be possible that her isolated little bunker would have been located near to a village full of free humans. 

Rosa's normally calm and collected voice was shaking with nerves, "how did you know?"

The old man's face was alight with adoration now, and, somehow, she knew that this man would be a key component in whatever was to come, whatever it was Rosa was certain it was going to be big and change things forever. 

Somewhere in the woods, closer than Rosa thought, Lord Keetin was preparing for his Ceremony, one that was held every 4 years in honour of his pack members and their ties not only to the land and the supernaturals but also the one little village of free humans who, every single ceremony, offered up at least one young woman, who, strangely always was destined to belong to one of his. 

"My Lord, it is time to begin!"

Keetin didn't know what was different this year, but, somehow, he knew that something was going to change. Like when he got the feeling that an outside force had managed to change fate itself, he got a similar feeling whenever he tried to summon up one of his rare but always true visions of the future. He isn't an oracle, but he knew what it felt like when certain outcomes were undecided, with it only being decided when a certain person had made a certain decision. 

"Okay," he projected his already majestic voice so that all of his followers could clearly hear him, "this time, something is different. It isn't bad, yet at the same time it isn't good. Just be cautious and remember, if you see anyone that you feel a pull with, do not hesitate to take them, whether it is voluntary or, if neccessary, forcefully. One rule, do not harm those who are loyal to us and seek not to harm us, only cause injury if you or your treasures are in life threatening danger. With that said, GO! MAKE IT KNOWN WHO WE ARE!"

With the speech over, Keetin shredded his clothing and let the transformation overcome him, and, before long, he was bounding away with his greatest warriors on his heals to see if this was the year he found his treasure after 100 years of searching the globe for her.

Little did he know that what he would find would be so out of the ordinary that not even he would know how to fully handle the situation he would get himself in. 

-A/N- Okay, this is the third chapter of this book and I would like to know what you all think of it so far? 

Is it thrilling?

I know there hasn't been much action yet but things will pick up in the next few chapters, until then, Tiffany <3