Chapter One - Edited

Chapter One

"Any last words?"

Rosa De Marquez was sick and tired of living like this, having to continuously end the lives of murderers and innocents alike, with this particular one being one of the more innocent ones yet still having to be eradicated for the safety of herself and her little sister, Rosie-Mae. It had been this way with the De Marquez family all the way back until where it all began, with her so many great grandmother Emelia and her brave sacrifice to save the life of her only child, Cecelia from the clutches of a dangerous Clan of werewolves and weretigers alike, who, strangely, both wanted her for their own reasons. Since then, every female born into De Marquez family had been trained to battle the vast armies and types of supernaturals invading the earth with the unfortunate exception of poor little Rosie-Mae in which made Rosa the chief protector of not only her ill and ailing mother, but her defenceless little sister and the grave of her father.

"Yes, just one, why?"

The question poured naturally out of the mouth of Lord Gallopher, the only remaining Lord who has a direct link to the thrones of both the Seelie and Unseelie Courts of Faerie, making his demise inevitable if Rosa wanted to ensure the safety of her family. Albeit not safety from all - but from the tricksters the faeries were known to be.

Unbeknown to her though, Gallopher had already picked up on the fact that the girl in front of her wasn't all she first appeared, meaning that if she wanted to be able to get out of there undetected by the SC, in other words, the leaders of the supernatural world, then she had to make his death quick and practically painless, which, for the 'Huntress', as she was nicknamed, was almost an impossible task.

"As if you don't know, you might be a faerie and a young one at that, but then again, young doesn't have the same meaning for us does it? I'm sure you remember when my poor, great grandmother Emelia and her brutal slaughter at the hands of the BloodLuste Werewolf Pack don't you?"

It was like a lightbulb went of in the young Lords eyes and Rosa knew the exact second he did that he knew who she was talking about, coincidentally also meaning that he knew who she was and what she was capable of. Many say love is the strongest emotion possible but that is not true for Rosa, she believes that vengeance and hatred are the strongest and more influential emotions. Emelia died a martyr, she died to ensure continuation and prosperity and it was Rosa's main priority to ensure that her wish came true, that each and every member of the De Marquez family prospered, even at the cost of her own happiness, which is a price she was willing to pay. 

"My gosh, I never thought that all of the rumours were true, Cecelia supposedly died before she made it to the other side of the portal but the rumors of her survival were true! Sir Konan is going to be happy about this, he is going to love this!"

Rosa panicked, she knew for definite now that it was time to end his life before any more damage could be done, so, in the blink of an eye, she pierced his beating heart with the tip of her blade, one that, fortunately for her yet not so for the Lord, had been made from cold iron, one of the only known weaknesses of the higher Fae.

Unfortunately, Rosa had counted on Gallopher not being able to telepathically communicate with others over a distance and this had been a grave oversight on her part as not only was the now dead and rotting Lord able to communicate with other members of the Fae Courts telepatically over a distance, but he was also able to communicate with others in their very own realm, even if they aren't Fae, which was a very uncommon and little known gift. A gift that put them all in jeopardy.

It was only 10 minutes later when Rosa was sat in her all time favourite diner, Peggie's, with a vanilla milkshake, a burger and potato wedges in front of her while she was winding down. This was her own ritual, after each successful hunt she would treat herself to a meal from the underrated diner while relaxing and destressing herself. Being the 'Huntress' was tiring after all, with a quota of at least 8 successful missions, or deaths of those preying on humans, per month, no less but no more, she was constantly planning her next actions, thinking of what could be the cause of any mysterious and unsolved murders in her area and of course, contemplating what other measures could be taken to make the rest of her mothers life as painless as possible while keeping Rosie-Mae safe.

At the same time, the supernatural realm was in turmoil.

News of the survival of Cecelia and the prosperity of Emelia's family had reached all of the high ups and important people, including her husband, who had been forced to watch her be murdered as well as the one Emelia wanted to protect Cecelia from, Sir Konan, the ex-leader of the BloodLuste Werewolf Pack.

It made him wonder, if Cecelia had survived, is she still alive to this day or did being away from her home with no idea of who and what she is affect her supposed immortality?

The news had first reached the current leader of the BloodLuste Pack, Keetin and, for the first time since he had lost all hope of finding the light to his darkness, he felt something other than hatred and anger and he knew that this news had changed his fate, whether for the good or bad was yet to be seen...

A/N - As you can see, this is written in third person and I find that it is actually more freeing. I am sad to say that it is only short as typing with a broken finger isn't easy but I hope any of you reading this, which isn't many, do leave me a thought on what it was like for you and if I could make improvements.