𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

He couldn't help but stare at his muscular torso from the back and it brought a faint blush over his face. He couldn't believe what they had done last night.

Jaehyun was the first man he had been with, but something told him he might possibly the last one. Taeyong wasn't certain if he wasn't attracted to other men, or only Jaehyun. He couldn't follow through that night to have sex with that woman due to his confusion and he wondered if he would be able to ever again.

Taeyong watched the younger as he moved around grabbing the bits of clothing and folding them over his arm. After he was finished, he laid them down and his eyes followed as he saw him sit at the edge of the bed, "So what made you come? Not that I'm complaining..." jaehyun questioned.

Jaehyun was curious why Taeyong suddenly came to see him. He had not expected this day to come so quickly. Especially with what he now knew, he was worried that it all won't last.

Taeyong gritted his teeth, as he contemplated. He needed to tell the truth. He was trying his best not to hide anything else from the younger. Anything else which could be said, at least. "I-I just.... I just wanted to see you...." Taeyong told a half truth. He was unable to say it, the full reason he came, he wasn't ready to open up completely.

Not wanting to break down into tears, he swallowed the swelling lump in his throat. He couldn't bring himself to cry in front of Jaehyun. To make him see how weak he really was. Knowing this was the last time he would see him was starting to settle on his mind.

He hadn't wanted to think about anything, to face it all yet, and needed a distraction and found himself in front of the only other person who made him feel some ounce of safety.

"Oh, I'm so happy to hear that" Jaehyun said as he went to embrace Taeyong. Taeyong flinched at the contact of their bodies but didn't retreat. He wanted this, he reminded himself. To spend his last moment in Seoul with someone who he cared about. Even if he felt Jaehyun might not see him the same way, he still wanted to remember this moment for years to come when he felt lonely.

"Did you... sleep well?" The younger interrupted his thoughts. Jaehyun truly wanted to ask about the bad dream Taeyong was having but he decided to be as subtle as possible. Taeyong simply hummed, not wanting to speak any further or remember the terrible dream he had. They stayed in their position for what seemed like forever. Both preoccupied by their own thoughts.

Taeyong was now back in his old hometown. He could no longer run away from the reality, but he chose which one he would face right now.

Not that he particularly had a choice, really. He was called by the landlord when he had been leaving Jaehyuns home, who had decided to get the rental space on the market already. He was vexed by their lack of compassion, but he already knew that no one gives a damn about anything if it isn't related to them.

He wanted to pack whatever things he could of his and his grandma, that he wanted to keep before the landlord threw everything out. Then he would collect some of his things from his own apartment and leave for good, never looking back.

When Taeyong had arrived, just barely reaching past the front door, he immediately broke down at the crippling silence that welcomed him. It was even more evident now that she was gone. She was no longer there to welcome him home. Her scent lingered and it made him even more sad to see the place go.

Although he now knew his true feelings towards Jaehyun, he was certain they could never have a future together. He couldn't escape his fate even if he wanted to. Knowing deep down that Jaehyun would hate his guts if he found out that he'd been lying to him and approached him for all the wrong reasons.

There was no happy ending, no future for them. All the doubts flooded his mind all at once and he began to suffocate. He needed to hurry and get away, to distance himself before he would hesitate and change his mind. He didn't want to involve Jaehyun any further in this mess. To put him in more danger.

Once he had packed whatever he wished to carry with him, he took the bus back to Sichengs apartment to drop the suitcase off before he dealt with his own place.

He walked into the main room and sat on the couch, exhaling a sigh. He then noted the yellow envelope containing the documents on Politican Choi on the side table beside him.

He opens his phone and types in the words 'Kim Doyoung Inspector' and finds the location of his office, a sudden idea springing in his mind. He grabs the envelope, leaves the apartment and makes his way to the Inspector.

Later that day, Jaehyun was washing the stained comforter and other clothes in the hamper. He held the shirt he had lent Taeyong in his hand.

Bringing it to his face he took a waft of the olders scent. He didn't want it to go away, but it had to be washed.

He then heard a shuffling noise coming from the living area and wondered who could be out there. He threw the shirt into the washer and closed the lid of the machine, before going out of the laundry room.

He walked cautiously to the living room, looking around his home to see any sign of the intruder. That's when he saw his mom walking from the kitchen to the living room. "Oh, there you are. I was beginning to think you were still asleep" she said as she sat down on the couch.

Jaehyun stared at her, "mom, what are you doing here?" he was relieved that Taeyong had left earlier. Had he still been there, he wouldn't be able to explain the situation to his mom. "What? I can't visit my son now?" she frowned.

"No, no, it's just....you could've called first" he said and scratched his head. "Oh, that I did. I called yesterday and this morning. Your phone went to voicemail so I was worried.", She simply replied, lifting her phone up and pointing at the call log as if he could see from that distance.

"I also brought you some homemade dinners you liked as a child." She said and pointed a finger to the counter in the kitchen. Jaehyun turned to see three large dishes on his kitchen island. "You didn't have to, but thanks mom" he gave a dimpled smile and finally went to sit beside her.

"With how you're behaving, I'd almost think you were hiding something from me...or someone?" She raised an eyebrow, "don't be silly mom" he nervously smiled and flickered the television on, avoiding her suspicious look.

They continued to chat and watch random things on the television. They also ate some food before it was time for her to go. He now walked her to the front door, opening it to let her through. His mom stood at the doorway, "you look happier, are you seeing anyone?" she questioned giving him a teasing smile.

He felt flustered by the question. He had no clue how much he had been smiling, he looked so carefree and less uptight than usual. Maybe Taeyong relieved his stress.

"I'm not mom.." he softly chuckled and hugged her. "Well hurry and carry my son-in-law to meet me, I nor you are getting any younger" she stated as she hugged back.

"In due time, mom." he smirked and waved her good bye.

-----
Thanks for reading.
There's three more
chapters and an
epilogue left.
What do you think
will happen?